21700 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

asharru

Feb 7, 2015
pgh, pa
I have the Hadron and I like it a lot. It's large, heavy, and well built. I use the Glaz V2 tank that it came with, which I like too...but I don't leave the house with it often since it's so freaking big. It's an excellent setup when I'm knocking about the homestead though. I have a quad 18650 Titan PWM setup as well, but it doesn't feel as solid.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I just ordered the
Geek Vape AEGIS MAX in Red and Black mod only and a Valyrian 2 tank in Red and Black. In a week or so when it becomes available I will get the Vandy Vape Gaur-21. I like the Valyrian 2. I already have one and a supply of coils. Didn't want the kit. I don't know if I would like the tank and if I did I would have to invest in coils for that.

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I have the Hadron and I like it a lot. It's large, heavy, and well built. I use the Glaz V2 tank that it came with, which I like too...but I don't leave the house with it often since it's so freaking big. It's an excellent setup when I'm knocking about the homestead though. I have a quad 18650 Titan PWM setup as well, but it doesn't feel as solid.

I saw it on YouTube it does look solid and well built.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Here a few shots of the Hadron without the Squonk backpack @MarshallMoore, I used a 330ml drinks can so that you can gauge the size better.

20200608_232023.jpg
20200608_232121.jpg
20200608_232158.jpg

Reactions: Oregon Linda

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
It adds about another 1cm to the depth of the mod @MarshallMoore, so it's large but not uncomfortable to use.

And there's a rubber bung on the back of the mod that you remove, then you attach the Squonk backpack and finally secure it with 2 screws. Just decently tight is enough.

And you can use any RBA or Tank up to 36mm diameter, without any overhang on the Hadron's as well. But you don't need to if that's not your thing.

It is a pump type Squonk though, which means that every full press of the pump button despenses 0.4 ml of juice or liquid. So you have to be mindful to not pump too much juice or liquid, or it gets messy fast.

But Squonk mods allow you to use RDA's without needing to drip liquid or juice into them, so it makes life so much easier.

But RDA's and RDTA's are probably the easiest RBA's to work with, and they are a bit of a jump when it comes to flavour and vapour. A good basic example is Cuthlhu Mods Mjölnir RDA, I highly recommend them for ease of build and flavour/vapour.

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I will look into it never had to build my own coils before. I feel a little intimidated. I ordered the Aegis Max today. I called a few local vape shops and they wanted 99 dollars. Snatched it up for 45 at Element Vape. That's why I don't do business with local shops. I will say this though if you have a problem with a device, customer service with online stores can really s**k. I have saved a ton of money making my ejuice through the years. I spent a ton of money own flavorings but after I acquired my supplies I seldom have to order anything. The last thing I ordered was some nicotine, about 50 dollars worth. That will last me for about 4 years. I was mad at Element Vape and swore I would never do business with them again because I bought the
UWELL EVDILO. I put batteries in and it would not fire up so I thought maybe I put the batteries in wrong. Then I couldn't get the battery door off. I sent an email to EV they replied with something that made no sense. So I sent them another email and they wanted me to make a video. I thought you want me to make a video. I thought a video showing me trying to get the door off. I finally had to get a screwdriver to get my batteries out. I double-checked to make sure they were installed correctly. The device still wouldn't fire it was DOA I never got to use it. But I gave in today because they have such good prices. While I was shopping online today I noticed online shops now want you to buy an extended warranty in case it gets lost or stolen in shipping or arrives DOA. SMH Sorry this is so lengthy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh... you gonna be carting around an extra battery anyway. It will just be inside the mod.

The first response was pretty lame especially since it was clear you did not comprehend it.

Without knowing the battery you use and how you vape it is impossible to say if you need more than one battery per day.

Dense . Too bad that Jackaroo is not a dual 21700 maybe you could drop it on your foot.

Anna

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
Off the top of my head these are all dual 21700 mods.

Vandy Vape Guar
Steam Crave Hadron
Dovpo Odin

The Hadron is a little more versatile though, as you can buy an optional Squonk backpack and convert them into a Squonk mod.

Thanks, I ordered the Vandy Vape Guar. I liked the way the battery door works. Actualy it is a preorder but it is coming out any week now. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @MarshallMoore.

And if you wanted to know the battery door and latch are pretty sturdy on the Hadron mods, so they can put up with a fair bit of punishment.

And I forgot to mention that the Odin comes in 2 different variants, a Evolv DNA250C chipset one and a Dovpo chipset one. The DNA250C is more desirable, but it does come at a premium.

But it would be nice to see more 21700 mods on the market, as I'd love a nice little single 21700 DNA75 Squonk mod. A really nice versatile TC setup for out and about.

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
No worries @MarshallMoore.

And if you wanted to know the battery door and latch are pretty sturdy on the Hadron mods, so they can put up with a fair bit of punishment.

And I forgot to mention that the Odin comes in 2 different variants, a Evolv DNA250C chipset one and a Dovpo chipset one. The DNA250C is more desirable, but it does come at a premium.

But it would be nice to see more 21700 mods on the market, as I'd love a nice little single 21700 DNA75 Squonk mod. A really nice versatile TC setup for out and about.

I also ordered the Aegis Max single battery mod. I like the door on the Gaur however it uses magnets. I have owned at least 3 mods in the past where one of the magnets becomes detached. I don't know why they don't use stronger glue. I don't know if these are what you are looking for but, you may want to take a look.
Search results for: '20700 21700 battery modse' 21700 or 20700

Reactions: Mordacai

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The solution is to remove the magnets before they fall out and get lost then use a known proper glue to glue them back int. That's what I did to my Joyetech Elitar pipes. The 1st 2 I bough, the door magnet fell out and luckily I found both, then used JB Weld to glue them back in.

After that, I bought 2 more and when I got them the first thing I did was pry out the magnets and glue them back in lol. Nipped that problem in the bud!

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2015
    The solution is to remove the magnets before they fall out and get lost then use a known proper glue to glue them back int. That's what I did to my Joyetech Elitar pipes. The 1st 2 I bough, the door magnet fell out and luckily I found both, then used JB Weld to glue them back in.

After that, I bought 2 more and when I got them the first thing I did was pry out the magnets and glue them back in lol. Nipped that problem in the bud!

That is a good idea. I am familiar with JB Weld. I tried to reglue those magnets before with super glue but, super glue dries very fast and the magnets are very small. It can be like surgery. If you are not quick enough the glue will dry before you get it fitted in place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread