The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

24k gold drip tip help

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by misplacedsooner, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. misplacedsooner

misplacedsooner Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    i bought a 24k gold plated drip tip from a friend. she had never used it and got it from empiremods. ive had it a week or so and not used it but today i thought id throw it on an atty and give it a try...guess what? it doesnt fit, not even close. it is way too big and i tried it on several attys.
    what could this possibly fit?

2. tinstar15

tinstar15 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    Just guessing here, but I'm thinking that since Empire mods are set up for 901 attys that the drip tip was probably sized with that in mind. 510s and 901s are close enough that most drip tips interchange. The 901 is just a hair wider though. If you were to stick a 901 cart into a 510, you'd see that its a really tight fit.

That said, 510 attys also have a miniscule amount of variation between manufacturers, but generally not enough to be noticeable. The plating on the tip may also be aggravating issues. You could try sanding down the drip tip or widening the Atty, but either option will probably be more bother than its worth.

Only other ideas i can think of is that it's an 801 driptip, a eGo type A or B tip, or a 306. The 306 is unlikely and easily identified. The 801 would be slightly larger than the 510/901. The eGo tips are way larger and would be really noticeable.

3. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    First thought; does the drip tip have an o-ring on it? If so will it fit without the o-ring?

4. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    thanks for the replies guys, yes the tip has an o-ring but the metal at the bottom of the tip seems to be the same size as the atty or close. i just tried to force it on an old atty and it appears i could hammer it on if i chose to but wow, im not sure i wanna do that,lol.

5. wfx

wfx Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    VA
    wow. 24k gold. will go nicely with my diamond tip led cover. you all are in a place i want to be. thanks for the tip on empiremods. looks like good stuff.

6. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    i just sent them an email asking their thoughts on this matter.hope i can get some good ideas as i really like the looks of this tip.

7. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
  8. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I have all of those and the first three should fit 510/901 and the shorty #4 is for 901 specifically.

[​IMG]

Left to right:

First 2 are from a friend The third is from JR Custom Turnings (switched) and the last four are from Empire. All for 510/901 except the shorty from Empire.

9. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    do you have any problems with yours fitting?

10. HzG8rGrl

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    No, and I just pulled them out and checked to be sure. Who makes the atomizer? Have you tried it on another atty?

11. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    im not sure who makes the attys as i got them off classified from a few different people. ive tried it on about 15 different ones so far too.

12. HzG8rGrl

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Try it in a 901-if you have one. 901's are just a tad bigger in diameter than a 510.

13. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Hi Mis, I only use 510 and it fit on mine. PM me when you can.

14. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    510 is all i have too. sent you a pm huff....

15. HzG8rGrl

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    You could check if it will fit the 510 without the o-ring-if it does you may need to get one smaller than a #47. Will it fit if you put pg around the o-ring and snap it in or is the base of the Drip tip too big?

16. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    the base of the tip seems too big. i did find a old carto it popped onto all the way just now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.