Status
Not open for further replies.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
i bought a 24k gold plated drip tip from a friend. she had never used it and got it from empiremods. ive had it a week or so and not used it but today i thought id throw it on an atty and give it a try...guess what? it doesnt fit, not even close. it is way too big and i tried it on several attys.
what could this possibly fit?

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Just guessing here, but I'm thinking that since Empire mods are set up for 901 attys that the drip tip was probably sized with that in mind. 510s and 901s are close enough that most drip tips interchange. The 901 is just a hair wider though. If you were to stick a 901 cart into a 510, you'd see that its a really tight fit.

That said, 510 attys also have a miniscule amount of variation between manufacturers, but generally not enough to be noticeable. The plating on the tip may also be aggravating issues. You could try sanding down the drip tip or widening the Atty, but either option will probably be more bother than its worth.

Only other ideas i can think of is that it's an 801 driptip, a eGo type A or B tip, or a 306. The 306 is unlikely and easily identified. The 801 would be slightly larger than the 510/901. The eGo tips are way larger and would be really noticeable.

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
First thought; does the drip tip have an o-ring on it? If so will it fit without the o-ring?

thanks for the replies guys, yes the tip has an o-ring but the metal at the bottom of the tip seems to be the same size as the atty or close. i just tried to force it on an old atty and it appears i could hammer it on if i chose to but wow, im not sure i wanna do that,lol.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have all of those and the first three should fit 510/901 and the shorty #4 is for 901 specifically.

Left to right:

First 2 are from a friend The third is from JR Custom Turnings (switched) and the last four are from Empire. All for 510/901 except the shorty from Empire.

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
No, and I just pulled them out and checked to be sure. Who makes the atomizer? Have you tried it on another atty?

im not sure who makes the attys as i got them off classified from a few different people. ive tried it on about 15 different ones so far too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread