25 days! Really? A success story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junebug

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Georgia, USA
It's been almost 2 months for me. The first 2 weeks I was still supplementing analogs occasionally, then I had houseguests for a week, and my mom came out too, so I had a hard steep curve to deal with. When I switched I was vaping nonstop low vanilla from TW. I'm sure if I had a stronger juice I wouldn't have vaped so often, well I can't say for certain. I still get the urge for an analog at times, but I just vape more. I'm glad I have switched over. I can't say it's been less expensive, but I'm sure as time goes on, the costs of e-cigs and the paraphernalia will be less than what the costs of analogs will be. Congrats to everyone. This is has been a great switch for me.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Im just having cravings AFTER MEALS....its so hard for me avoiding that cig...my second or third day clean y was literally begging for a cig after lunch...thank god i throw away all analogs left in home...
any advice on this?? how you manage that "after meal" cig cravings?
Thanks 4 your support.

Get a bottle of nic that's a bit higher for those occasions. Say you vape 24mg. Get some 36mg and vape it only for what I call my WMS times (W = waking, M = meals, S = you can guess), just vape through it. It only takes about 5 good long pulls to get through them (that's what it took for me in the beginning, results may vary) and now I don't even need them, but I still use the higher nic stuff for drinking.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
I never tried gums or patches or Chantix (thank God!), or any other smoking sessation products. I enjoyed smoking. I liked having something in my hand, inhaling and exhaling. I genuinely enjoyed it. But I knew it was killing me.

I also play airsoft, a military simulation game, and I was dying on the field after short sprints to objectives or cover. And sometimes, you just have to hump it a half mile to reinforce your front line. I would be worthless after this, drink most of the water in my camel-bak and struggle to regain my breath.

I don't know if it was purely an oral fixation thing for me, but I got my 510 and left an unopened pack of cigs on my coffee table for a week before trying one. And it was disgusting. I will occassionally take a drag off someone else's analog to see if it's still nasty. And it is.

I haven't attended an airsoft Op since I made the switch, but I'd be willing to bet I can go longer without getting gassed. And by the beginning of summer next year, I should be able to hold my own with the non-smokers.

Congratulations SSG! It is a wonderful feeling! And my .sig file telling me how many analogs I've avoided in just under a month is absolutely frightening when I think that I smoked that much every month for 14 years.

Free at last!

-Rook

Flash

Sep 6, 2009
B.C Canada
It's been 5 days for me on a less than adequate PV, so I'm proud of myself. I have to admit though when the urge for an analog is strong it's been extremely hard, but haven't caved yet. I just ordered a Vapor King with a bit higher concentration of nic juice in the carts coming with it. Hope it does the trick and CONGRATS to all you guys and thanks for the inspiration!

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
It is crazy to think of fast the time has gone by. I know that 25 days really isn't that long, especially compared to some of the rest of you, but I know that if I can go for 25 whole days that I am never going to smoke analogs again. :)

Congrats to everyone who has made it for longer than this and stuck with it. I wish that everyone knew about this device since it's so obvious that it works. Sure, it may be another habit and it isn't totally 100% healthy, but it's a lot better than the alternative. Better than smoking or using some other drug that may be unsafe and is probably not likely to work. We've all done very well here!

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
but...but...but, there are no studies that indicate that e-cigs are a successful cessation device. Geez I hate that line. Tens of thousands of people have quit, but without a study, it means nothing.

congratulations! Nine weeks for me tomorrow.

Totally agree!! I tried multiple times to quit, even pregnant, and had been trying to quit for months. Had 4 cigs my first day with the pv, 3 the next, and none since. And those 7 were just because it seemed like I should want one and because they were the last in the pack. I've wanted one a couple times since then, but nothing to hard to handle. I was even at my inlaws today, with 3 people smoking around me, and didn't smoke, nor vape the entire time I was there. (woot!)

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
haha- just saw the comments about the after meals cigs. On a funny note. After we had cake tonight at in laws house (hubby's b-day) it really was funny to me to see everyone get up from the table, and run to get their cigs. I did have an instant of craving, but it was too funny for me to watch them, and I was so thankful not to be stuck by that trap anymore. I didn't vape on purpose, just to prove to myself that I didn't have to.

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
Hey Guys.........

Im on day 8 off analogs, quite proud of myself, I thought I will sooner or later catch a lung cancer and eventually die, its not that hard with the "little help" we get, my help devices are 2 screwdrivers and a 510, plenty of spares and juice just to feel safe....

Im just having cravings AFTER MEALS....its so hard for me avoiding that cig...my second or third day clean y was literally begging for a cig after lunch...thank god i throw away all analogs left in home...
any advice on this?? how you manage that "after meal" cig cravings?
Thanks 4 your support.

Have both SDs and the 510 ready to go as soon as you finish your meal. Puff on them all in a row until the urge to smoke goes away. It will satisfy the nicotine craving quickly. Have a flavor in them that you might enjoy after meals. I like coffee flavor!

It worked for me, after meals. That's the one thing I find I miss the most, a "real cigarette" after a nice meal (before bed). Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread