K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I really hope the OP comes back...

Even though I have a background in electronics and know about batteries (although the larger "puts out enough current to cook a horse" kind) I STILL did a TON of research rather than rushing willy-nilly into mechs and rebuildables.

And in case the OP does come back: Understand that the folks here are trying to help. Many of them have been where you are right now, and are trying to give you the benefit of experience. I hope you take it to heart.

There's a lot of energy in the batteries we use, and putting that kind of energy up to your face without knowing what you're doing can lead to disastrous consequences.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
I shot him a pretty detailed PM with links to LOTS of info. I have a really good grasp on this stuff, and I will not use a coil under 1.1-1.2 Ohms... I think he's young, and the cool thing is cloud chasing.. but newcomers don't understand the true dangers of this. Hopefully he takes our advice to heart, and sees that there are several people jumping in to help... If he wants to chase clouds, that's great.. there is a lot to learn, so I hope he does... learning anything is a good thing, especially if it has real world application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread