2nd Time's a Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
Hi All,

I'm a newbie when it comes to posting on this forum, but I've been to this site from time to time to checkout the excellent advice when it comes to vaping. I tried e-cigs back in 2008 in order to quit smoking. As a result, I ended up smoking and using e-cigs, Eventually, I ended up quitting e-cigs and continued to smoke. I decided to give e-cigs a second try and I"ve had great success so far. I've gone over two weeks without a cigarette!! This is huge for me because I haven't gone this long without a cigarette dangling from my mouth since I started smoking over 20 years ago.

There are times when I miss smoking, but due to the new advances made for vaping and with a little bit of willpower, I think I can kick this habit once and for all.

And to everyone that has chosen to replace smoking with vaping, congratulations. E-cigs may not be the perfect solution for trying to quit, but I believe it's a big step in the right direction for giving up smoking.

RaiderJeff

Last edited:

magicalmystery

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Switzerland
Welcome to Forum...I was in the same boat at first. Smoked about 3 cigs a day with vaping...had to have my morning cig, lunch break cig and one before bed. Now I managed to mix my perfect juice for the morning that helps finish the routine of waking up and the perfect just before bed mix. For the mornings and nights I use my drippers and though out the day, especially at work where pretty much everyone in Switzerland smokes cigarettes, I use my vision spinner and bcd tank cause it still feels like a cigarette in a way and doesn't get too much attention at the workplace. When I get home, it's nice to sip one and rebuild or just grab my awesome feeling,perfectly weighted in hand Kato Box Mech Mod and just relax....ahhh:vapor:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
Greetings Magical,

I know what you mean, certain moments during the day are tougher than others. Nothing like that first cig to get you going in the morning. After lunch and dinner cigs aren't so bad either. I've managed, at least so far, to beat the urge to light up. Although the desire is strong at times, I'm getting through it with vaping. I started off with 24 nicotine strength, and now I vape with 6 or 0 nicotine strength. I'm going to start keeping a track of what e-liquids I've used, as well as what equipment I'm currently using to vape with.

Thanks for sharing your story with me, and I look forward to hearing from you again. In the meantime, keep up the good job with trying to quit! Just remember that cigarettes do not control you or me unless we let it. I don't think we should let some little stick of tobacco control us anymore, do you?

RaiderJeff

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
I currently use an eVic mod by joyetech in conjunction with a nautilus tank (as well as the nautilus mini) by Aspire. Prior to purchasing the mini, I was using my nautilus tank with the Aspire BDC atomizer for the first week and half of vaping. Now, I use the Aspire BVC atomizer exclusively, and what a difference it's made. The BVC atomizers gives a far superior and consistently satisfying taste over the BDC atomizer.

E-Liquids

First E-Liquid I purchased was Full House by Villain Vapors at 24 nicotine strength, (not sure what the PG/VG mix was). Size of the bottle was 15 ml. at around $14.00 per bottle. As for the taste, the first few hits were impressive. I could taste the mild flavor of blueberries with each hit. Throat hit and vape clouds were very adequate. However after the first couple of days, I noticed the flavor was getting weaker and the wonderful blueberry taste I experienced at first was now becoming a distant memory. To recapture the flavor, I made sure to recharge my battery and cleanse my palate before taking my first hit of the day. This helped a little bit, but the more hits I took, the more muted the flavor became until I couldn't taste any flavor at all after a few hours of vaping. I'm not sure the juice was entirely to blame since I was using a BDC atomizer. A BVC atomizer might have made a difference. Also, I smoked about 15 cigs a day, and 24 nicotine strength was probably too much for me. Unless you are a hardcore smoker, I would start off at a nicotine strength of 12.

Last edited:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
E Liquid Review

Alice in Vapeland

I tried three flavors so far; A quiet morning; White rabbit, and Pun'kin Tumble. All at 6 nicotine strength and all flavors tasted great, but I did enjoy the Pun'kin the best so far. White rabbit was a bit on the weak side as compared to the rest, but the flavor did not disappoint.

Crazy Vapors

A few days ago I poured some Crazy Pep from Crazy Vapors, at 6 nicotine strength. It's advertised as a spicy cherry soda flavor. I could see where they were trying to go, but they failed to get there. The flavor didn't really taste like soda, much less a cherry soda flavor. I couldn't even finish what was left in my mini tank. However, In Crazy Vapors' defense, I did order Crazy Pep with an extra shot of flavoring, so may be this threw off the taste a little bit. I still have two other flavors to try from Crazy Vapors, so I haven't given up on them just yet.

Goodejuice

A few minutes ago, I put some cheesecake by Goodejuice in my Nautilus mini, at 6 nicotine strength. Let me say this...They've got a lot of nerve putting the word "Good" anywhere in their title. This was the most horrid tasting e-liquid I've come across so far. In fact, it was so bad that I thought my mini tank crapped out on me. I still can't believe "Goodejuice" could send me this shoe polish and call it "cheesecake." I opened up the tank to check things out, and the stench from the liquid immediately rose up and smacked me on the nose. I still have another flavor to try, but I'm really hesitant to place anything from "Goodejuice" in my tank. I guess I'll try steeping it before throwing the bottle away. I could go on, but you get the picture.

Alice In Vapeland (Orange makes me creamsicle)

In order to make sure it wasn't my mini tank producing the putrid taste as described above, I just poured some "orange makes me creamsicle" from Alice in Vapeland, at 6 nicotine strength, and started to vape it up. Like an old friend, Alice gave me a tasty treat of orange flavor, which I'm enjoying at this moment. So far, Alice hasn't disappointed me.

Cosmic Charlie's Chalk Dust (Slam Berry)

Slam Berry is advertised as a strawberry Ice Cream flavored liquid, and made by Cosmic Charlie, (vaping at 0 nicotine strength). It's pretty good, some may call it top shelf e-liquid. It has a nice strawberry taste that is somewhat creamy. I'm currently vaping it on my nautilus tank, (not the mini). I will try a few hits off the mini to get a better idea of the flavor. Nevertheless, it should satisfy your craving for strawberries.

Last edited:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
E-Liquid Review

The King, by King's Crown (Suicide Bunny Creation)

The King, made by King's Crown, is a mystery if you read the reviews. Almost everyone seemed to have a different opinion as to what this liquid tastes like. Even the description by the makers of this liquid say it's: "Creamy, Nutty, Coffee?, Other???" For me, the taste is unmistakeable, it clearly taste like Kettle corn. If you have a sweet tooth, like me, this may NOT be the liquid for you. With that being said, this liquid kind of grows on you. After I sampled it at my local E-Cig store, I was so impressed with the taste that I had to add it to my collection of liquids. If it had a sweet caramel taste mixed in with the kettle corn flavor, this would be a monster hit for me. Nevertheless, the taste does not disappoint. After a few hits of Mother's Milk, I will then take a few hits of the King to give me a good contrast of flavors. If you're looking for a kettle corn flavor, without a sweet taste, this is a must have for your collection.

Last edited:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
E-Liquid Review

April Moon by Alice in Vapeland

April Moon is advertised as a fruity liquid, with a mixture of apricot and blueberries. I am vaping it on my Aspire Mini (BVC coil) at a nicotine strength of 3. Once again, Alice in Vapeland did not disappoint. The blueberry flavor is very crisp and full of flavor. You can also taste a hint of apricot, but the blueberry flavor really comes through upon exhale. I never thought I would like this liquid when I read its description, however, I thought I would take a chance and broaden my horizons. Again, I was not disappointed and my next order will be more than just a sample.

On a side note, this beats Cosmic Charlies Slam berry (a flavor I reviewed above). I'm not saying Slam berry is a bad juice, but April Moon has it beat.

Last edited:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
E-Liquid Review

Alice in Vapeland Black and White Cookie, nicotine strength at 3.

I vaped this e-liquid (and all other flavors below) on my nautilus mini (BVC). If you love chocolate flavored liquids, this has a rich chocolate flavor that you'll enjoy. However, I didn't taste anything else. I was expecting to taste vanilla and possibly a cookie flavor, but the chocolate flavor was overwhelming. Although I love chocolate, I'm discovering that I don't like it in e-liquid form. So although Alice in Vapeland hits the mark if you're looking for a chocolate flavored e-liquid, I'm not a fan of this particular flavor.

Alice in Vapeland Lemon Loves Cake, nicotine strength at 3.

This one was ok, not great. I could taste the lemon, but the cake I was expecting to taste was non-existent. I'm going to give this another shot after letting it steep for a few more days. I just didn't get anything special out of this e-liquid other than a mild taste of lemon.

Alice in Vapeland Fifteen Foot Falls, nicotine strength at 3.

Fifteen Foot Falls' flavor is advertised as fire-roasted marshmallows . . with a bit of coconut frosting . .Two honey-sweet graham crackers . . and a touch of light toasty tobacco! Ok, sounds good to me, and may be to you, that's why I was so disappointed when I could not taste any of what was advertised. It had a somewhat sweet taste, but nothing really pops with this flavor. I'm going to try letting it steep, but I'm disappointed so far with this flavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread