The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank flooding help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by alffalvo, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. alffalvo

alffalvo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have a 3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank that I use 50/50 mix of PG/VG and I slotted the cartomizer with 2 slots it worked GREAT for the first day or 2 but now its gurgling & flooding and running onto my battery post connector What can I do to fix this issue ???? Thank you for any info tips or help

2. alffalvo

Aug 7, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I still would appreciate any help if someone wants to chime in thank you

3. DarklyNoon

DarklyNoon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2012
    Virginia
    I stopped slotting cartos because of this... Actually with the quality control issues with both Smoktech AND Boge, I'm moving away from cartos in general and learning to love my rebuildables like the Vivi Nova and the Phoenix

The flooding seems to be one of the QC issues at least with Smotechs. Sometimes a cartos will last for 4 or 5 days, sometimes they start flooding uncontrollably after one day.

4. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    Carto tanks work based on a balance between capillary action, surface tension, and a vacuum lock.

The air should only be able to get into tank through the same hole that the juice is trying
    to get out of. This causes a slight vacuum and is what keeps the juice from just draining
    out through the holes in carto.

If you have a carto with an "airy" draw or your drip tip is loose enough to allow air in, then
    you might not get enough suction to overcome the slight vacuum in the tank. Conversely,
    if you have a carto with a "tight" draw, you may pull too much juice and get more flooding.

There are so many variables, some experimenting will be necessary. Even your environment
    can effect how well the tank works. My set up is a Smoktech single coil carto pre-punched
    with 2 or 3 holes ( I use a sharp point to make them a little larger ) and 70/30 PG/VG juice.
    A full tank works well, but I have to start using primer puffs when I get to a half tank to keep
    carto moist. I live at sea level with high temps and usually a high barometric pressure, if I was
    to live at a higher altitude with cooler temps and lower barometric pressures, my set up
    probably wouldn't work as well.

Another thing to consider is, just as you sometimes get dud cartos, sometimes you get a carto
    that just floods more.

5. alffalvo

Aug 7, 2012
    Western Maryland
    THANK YOU for your time / help any info does help im new im sure you can tell. LOL

6. alffalvo

Aug 7, 2012
    Western Maryland
    OK I'm getting ready to try this tank & cartomizer thing again "WISH ME LUCK" NO SLOTTING THIS TIME going to punch me 2 hole with the tank punching tool from phiniac I'm using 50% / 50% hope it works out and NO FLOODING :ohmy:

7. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

Dec 18, 2011
    NJ
    hope it works out for you i use prepunched with 2 holes once and a while i will get a flood in but not to often any more!
    On a side note boy miss the days of just hanging out in the hagerstown mall arcade with my friends

8. nerojrnde

nerojrnde Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Elk Grove, CA
    Yeah, I think it can just be QC. I bought a 3.5mL tank with 1.5 dc cartos and it worked just fine for about 8 days. One the 9th day, the hits became stiff and it just started flooding. I cleared all out, a few draws later it was flooded again. I bought the Vivi Nova V2 today because I think I'll have more luck, and the reviews seem to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.