3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank flooding help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
I have a 3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer tank that I use 50/50 mix of PG/VG and I slotted the cartomizer with 2 slots it worked GREAT for the first day or 2 but now its gurgling & flooding and running onto my battery post connector What can I do to fix this issue ???? Thank you for any info tips or help

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
i have a 3.5ml chrome dual coil cartomizer tank that i use 50/50 mix of pg/vg and i slotted the cartomizer with 2 slots it worked great for the first day or 2 but now its gurgling & flooding and running onto my battery post connector what can i do to fix this issue ???? Thank you for any info tips or help

I still would appreciate any help if someone wants to chime in thank you

DarklyNoon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Virginia
I stopped slotting cartos because of this... Actually with the quality control issues with both Smoktech AND Boge, I'm moving away from cartos in general and learning to love my rebuildables like the Vivi Nova and the Phoenix

The flooding seems to be one of the QC issues at least with Smotechs. Sometimes a cartos will last for 4 or 5 days, sometimes they start flooding uncontrollably after one day.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Carto tanks work based on a balance between capillary action, surface tension, and a vacuum lock.

The air should only be able to get into tank through the same hole that the juice is trying
to get out of. This causes a slight vacuum and is what keeps the juice from just draining
out through the holes in carto.

If you have a carto with an "airy" draw or your drip tip is loose enough to allow air in, then
you might not get enough suction to overcome the slight vacuum in the tank. Conversely,
if you have a carto with a "tight" draw, you may pull too much juice and get more flooding.

There are so many variables, some experimenting will be necessary. Even your environment
can effect how well the tank works. My set up is a Smoktech single coil carto pre-punched
with 2 or 3 holes ( I use a sharp point to make them a little larger ) and 70/30 PG/VG juice.
A full tank works well, but I have to start using primer puffs when I get to a half tank to keep
carto moist. I live at sea level with high temps and usually a high barometric pressure, if I was
to live at a higher altitude with cooler temps and lower barometric pressures, my set up
probably wouldn't work as well.

Another thing to consider is, just as you sometimes get dud cartos, sometimes you get a carto
that just floods more.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
Carto tanks work based on a balance between capillary action, surface tension, and a vacuum lock.

The air should only be able to get into tank through the same hole that the juice is trying
to get out of. This causes a slight vacuum and is what keeps the juice from just draining
out through the holes in carto.

If you have a carto with an "airy" draw or your drip tip is loose enough to allow air in, then
you might not get enough suction to overcome the slight vacuum in the tank. Conversely,
if you have a carto with a "tight" draw, you may pull too much juice and get more flooding.

There are so many variables, some experimenting will be necessary. Even your environment
can effect how well the tank works. My set up is a Smoktech single coil carto pre-punched
with 2 or 3 holes ( I use a sharp point to make them a little larger ) and 70/30 PG/VG juice.
A full tank works well, but I have to start using primer puffs when I get to a half tank to keep
carto moist. I live at sea level with high temps and usually a high barometric pressure, if I was
to live at a higher altitude with cooler temps and lower barometric pressures, my set up
probably wouldn't work as well.

Another thing to consider is, just as you sometimes get dud cartos, sometimes you get a carto
that just floods more.

THANK YOU for your time / help any info does help im new im sure you can tell. LOL

nerojrnde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Elk Grove, CA
Yeah, I think it can just be QC. I bought a 3.5mL tank with 1.5 dc cartos and it worked just fine for about 8 days. One the 9th day, the hits became stiff and it just started flooding. I cleared all out, a few draws later it was flooded again. I bought the Vivi Nova V2 today because I think I'll have more luck, and the reviews seem to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread