Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
There are some members of our wonderful ECF forum who purchased a 3.7 box mod kit whose orders did not get fulfilled. Many have recourse through paypal, and there may quite a few of you who do not have recourse. The purpose of this thread is to help those without recourse to receive a box mod kit anyway.

A generous offer by a small group has blossomed into a great act of kindness. Something we have come to expect around this forum. A huge thank you to Unsure, who has agreed to help monitarily, as well as help with the gathering of data to help facilitate the exchange of goods to these folks who are out some hard earned cash. ldr3 has agreed to donate, and so has leannebug, and Kick Bass Vapor.
Thank you to all of you.

I will be donating 2 batteries, shipping to each person, and I will be building the boxes and shipping them. We need help with the cost of the initial boxes, as well as the cost for chargers. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to lend a hand. If you can help, please post in this thread, and PM Unsure. My intensions are to have unsure gather the cash via paypal gift, and once everything is ready to ship, The funds can then transfer to me so I can ship them once they are all built.

We have not quantified the amount needed yet, so an "up to amount" if you are able to commit, would be much appreciated. Hopefully this thread will help us get a count of how many kits we are talking about.

Unsure, thank you again for facilitating this for the fine folks that did not get what they pay for.
Here is the original post from Unsure with instructions if you were a part of this.

Your friendly Godzilla :)

Hi all
First let me say a huge thank you for kind words and offers of $$ and other forms of help. Are the members of the ECF GREAT OR WHAT!!!!!!!!! I can not accept any till I know the number of people we need to help. The listed criteria for those who will receive help are listed below. Let me just fill you in on a few things. The person who initiated this and the builder of the mods (plus some of the accessories) that will be given is Godzilla (the person not the monster lol). I convinced him to get supplier status so that we don’t break any ECF rules. Also lrd3 and Leannebug (a victim herself) plus myself are the original donors and organizers. I mention that so you all know who are all making this happen. Kick Bass Vapor also offered to help a little. This is not a profit organization though Godzilla may go on after this is settled to continue to be a supplier. This is the reason we first need to know the number of those we need to help so we don’t over collect more donated $$ and items that is necessary to help. With that said here is the criteria for those that will receive help.
You can get help if…
1) You paid Brad via any other way other than PayPal
2) You paid using PayPal using any other option other than “GOODS”
3) You sent back the mod back to Brad for repair and never got it back.
PM me if you feel that you deserve help and or I have neglected some other valid criteria.

Also, we will need you to specify whether you are out just the box mod, or the entire kit.
We may ask for some proof of payment if possible. If you do not have proof, your request for help may not be considered, and will be up to us.

Again thank you the kind words and offers to help and if needed we will be in touch. Btw I should note that Godzilla has informed me as a supplier he can’t post in this thread but can receive PMs.

EDIT: I will need some sort of proof you met the criteria (PMs, emails, invoices etc.) Its all about need not greed. Thanks
Gil

We still need a few more donors in case anyone of you can help out.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Okay - I don't have a lot of money, but I've an idea!

If this is against forum policy, I apologize and by all means delete this post but how about a raffle?

$2-$5 entrance with a 50/50 split, 50% to the winner and the other to the mission here? Or maybe make the prize a mod of their own or something? Of course people LOVE to help one another, and please if you can, donate for the heck of it! - but they love to help AND win prizes! Right?

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I like your creativity Levitas. At this point I dont want there to be any conditions on the help that has been, or is being offered to these folks. I think we will get enough generosity to go around.

I will however be doing a contest though once this is finished.

Okay - I don't have a lot of money, but I've an idea!

If this is against forum policy, I apologize and by all means delete this post but how about a raffle?

$2-$5 entrance with a 50/50 split, 50% to the winner and the other to the mission here? Or maybe make the prize a mod of their own or something? Of course people LOVE to help one another, and please if you can, donate for the heck of it! - but they love to help AND win prizes! Right?

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
The Kits just came in the mail. I am going to get building in an hour or so. These things are tiny! I love them. I have built many 5 volt box mods, which are in a box which fits 3 AA batteries. these 3.7 volt boxes are the size of only 2 AA batteries side by side.

As soon as I get some built, I will post a photo or two.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I paid through paypal and I used "goods". I received my kit but the atty connection broke and I sent it back. I have not received it again. I'm not sure if I meet the requirement or what proof to send to who. I communicated with Brad via pm's on this forum.

If you got a PM forward it. If you got a email (tho not allowed to post here) you get one our email addy and forward it to us. We want to help everyone that deserves it. You issue qualifies you. :)

lrd3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
n.j
The Kits just came in the mail. I am going to get building in an hour or so. These things are tiny! I love them. I have built many 5 volt box mods, which are in a box which fits 3 AA batteries. these 3.7 volt boxes are the size of only 2 AA batteries side by side.

sounds good.. i found a extra brand new tr001 hanging in the drawer... one less thing to have to order for us...lol

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

I'd just like to add we are just starting this and still working out the kinks/procedures plus Steve has the hard job od building them. We got Bob and Missy of KickassVapor who will donate a small sample of their great juice to include in the kits and all this needs to be coordinated so please bare with us....thank you.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
Hey Godzilla,
I've got 7 or 8 boxes that I was going to modify. They are black plastic and are for 2 AA bats (used for single 14500 rechargeable). They have on/off switch. I never got around to buying the switches and my solder work sucks. I may also have some 510 connectors. If you're interested in acquiring them for this project, send me a pm with an address to ship to. I'll be very glad to donate to this and get rid off some of my excess clutter around the house. :)

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Will do wolfe. Before you send it, I just want to be able to make sure it will work. The ones I got do not have a switch.
I also want to use the same horn switch that Brad used because I think it works the best, and is the most durable.

I could definitely use the 510 connectors, and most likely the boxes. I dont mind if some of them are switched. The sealed swithch is good to use with a switched box because they are much easier to pocket fire, but the bigger horn switches resist pocket fire IMO and do not need the master switch, but it wouldnt hurt in the least.

I would also be happy to ship back what was not used.

I will PM you.

Thank you for your generosity Wolfe.

Steve

Hey Godzilla,
I've got 7 or 8 boxes that I was going to modify. They are black plastic and are for 2 AA bats (used for single 14500 rechargeable). They have on/off switch. I never got around to buying the switches and my solder work sucks. I may also have some 510 connectors. If you're interested in acquiring them for this project, send me a pm with an address to ship to. I'll be very glad to donate to this and get rid off some of my excess clutter around the house. :)

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I didn't even get a chance to PM Unsure about them. How about if you can't use any of it, you Pay it Forward to the next "needs list". I'll be very happy to get the connectors out of my medicine cabinet and the boxes out of the cupboard in my bathroom. I discovered early on that I couldn't do the solder work and have a sweet little Phidias and several mods from AltSmoke that I'm very content with. One of the boxes already has a large fire button placed on it, but I could never get the soldering done well. I'll put it all in a box and send it off. I'll be glad to get rid of it and happy that it helps someone else get off the smellies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread