3 years have gone by quick, What has Duck been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hi all,

Some of you may remember me, I appologize for disappearing for awhile, but you know sometimes life is exactly what it is life :) and can take over. Well, I cant believe it has been 3 years, I havent been vaping much lately (which is a positive thing) and I already have a life supply of products so I havent frequented here as much (which is a negative thing, since there are so many great people here).

So.. what have I been doing with my free time? I picked up the hobby of shooting slingshots.."What?!!!!"... yeah well, being in japan, I am limited in shooting activies here, even though I recently picked up skeet shooting with the base shotgun club, slingshots are easier to do just about anywhere that is open. Now, when one picks up an interest they sometimes look for a community to share that with (ECF you know what I am talking about).

So I found a slingshooting community that is made up of people of all ages and around the world, so I spend most of my time there.

I dont want to make this seem like a promotion thread, I am just sharing a part of me with a forum (ECF) that I "grew up" with.. no expectation for our interests to be similar :)

As I did on ECF I like to also share my interest/ and learning on YT since majority of them arent shared in my local area as much as I would like.

Below is a video I recently made dedicated to the small forum I am on.... Keep in mind it is directed to people that share this interest.. so I am not trying to recruit fellow ECFers (even though you are welcomed with open arms) I would however be tickled pink if you "liked" and comment on this one particular video(on its YT page) to help it out (I receive nothing from it,, only joy and pleasure in making vids).. of course you are under no obligations and I will totally understand if you choose not to...

The interest of Slingshots - YouTube

Some of you "old timers" got a sneak peak when I first started out doing this, but here is where I am at now in the sport/hobby.. I am only requesting a favor for the above video, these are just showing what`s what with LGD

Thanks for visiting

LGD

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
When I was a kid my brother and I would take clothes hanger wire, cut them up into a little over 1" lengths, bend them into a "J" shaped hook, then using linked newspaper rubber bands stretched between a middle finger and a thumb, launch these wire missiles at annoying mocking birds and bluejays. I don't think we ever did any real damage to them but I remember knocking more than a few off their perch and shutting them up for awhile. It was a very simple yet accurate means of delivering a message.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
How lovely to see you LGD.
f7f22656.gif
You've been missed.

Hope life has been treating you well. :toast:

Now off to see your video.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks Kent.. good to see ya around too.

Thats one thing I miss being in the US.. is being able to shoot at home.. but this will do for now.. in the fall I will be taking up archery...maybe one day I could compete here,,, but most likely not :p

I would love to go see a rifle match, we had a few comps when I was stationed in Germany . a friendly with the German Army... I did alright, but most importantly had fun...

LGD

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Hi Duck, it's good to see you back here. Amateur Radio operators are know for using slingshots for putting up wire antennas in trees. First we tie a long string to a stone, washer, anything that is heavy enough to launch, then we shoot the string over a tree branch, tie the wire antenna to the string and pull it up. It's a great way to put up a temporary antenna and even a permanent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread