306 atty need help what am I doin wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Are you getting muted flavor or a bad flavor?

If you're getting a bad flavor, did you prime the attys properly? Cisco's do not come with primer fluid and have to be primed by you on first use. Instructions on how to do so are available @ https://docs.google.com/document/d/...lPsIv8f3_qI/edit?hl=en&authkey=CKqp6eoO&pli=1

If you're getting muted flavor, are the attys you're using the same resistance as the cartos you normally use? If not, your wattage has changed and some flavors taste different at different wattages.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
If you didnt prime it nicely with some of the juice your using you may have burnt up the wick, thus having a muted or bad flavor. Always prime any and every Atty really well before using them. I take a carto condom and put it on the threaded end, then I fill up the Atty above the bridge with my juice and let it sit like this for say 20 min, this primes the entire internals and wick, I swear by this and always do it, try this next time, it will help a great deal with break in, and keep em wet of course.

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
I pretty much follow the rule of "atty ohm should be half of voltage"...... 1.8 atty @ 3.7v

I would think with a 3 ohm atty........ you should be 5+ volts. Unless you want a cooler vape.......

Edit: My roughstack starts out at 4.02 volts and runs great with a 2 ohm boge carto as well.

Online calc shows 1.8 ohm at 4 volts = 8.8 watts
3 ohms at 5 volts = 8.3 watts.

While I have never went to HV vaping....... my understanding is watts = watts. So, in theory, my 3.7 should have the same effect as your HV. Just have to use the ohm rating to get to the watt level you want.

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread