Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Peezy, It's probably 45 years of hard smoking and only started vaping a month ago. But I love vaping so now it's just fine tuning.

My mom smoked 60 years and needed 36 to quit.

Vape what you have to. It really doesn't matter what some of these people vape, they aren't you.

She quit with a Riva and LR cartomizers.

You already have a 3.7 volt device. Get some low resistance cartomizers for it if you don't have them and 36 juice.

It may not be necessary to continually throw money at difference devices. Just hang in there with what you have and give it some time.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Dont worry your gona try out a bunch more stuff before you find that magic one that you cant put down :vapor:

I've been using the same thing for a year and I'm happy with it. I'd just like to try mods more for the novelty of it more than anything else. I quit and get an excellent vape with an ego. But I really want a Reo. :laugh:

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
I quit on an ego as well. Now that i have a provari i dont know how i quit with an ego :D
I've been using the same thing for a year and I'm happy with it. I'd just like to try mods more for the novelty of it more than anything else. I quit and get an excellent vape with an ego. But I really want a Reo. :laugh:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
She quit 80% with her KR808. The ego just pushed to over the edge to stop all together.

Now that we aren't smoking, I guess we're no longer looking for the device or juice that will get us off cigs. It's more about the pleasure or practical aspects of vaping long term.

I had a bunch of batteries crap out on me all at once. My mother has cartomizer filling problems due to eyesight and other health issues. Now it's more about finding the device that makes it fun and easy to vape our heads off.

I think people make a mistake in the beginning chasing that perfect juice, or that device that's going to be the magic bullet to get off cigs. Get a juice you can tolerate at first, a pc that delivers the nicotine you need and stick it out.
After that, figure out what you like and don't like about your pv and go from there.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
Your right, everyone is different, I don't know how I gave up in the beginning using a 510 after getting a Tank then Go Go but I did. Now it's more I would like a higher hit of nic at times and I thought this way I could mix to please.
She quit 80% with her KR808. The ego just pushed to over the edge to stop all together.

Now that we aren't smoking, I guess we're no longer looking for the device or juice that will get us off cigs. It's more about the pleasure or practical aspects of vaping long term.

I had a bunch of batteries crap out on me all at once. My mother has cartomizer filling problems due to eyesight and other health issues. Now it's more about finding the device that makes it fun and easy to vape our heads off.

I think people make a mistake in the beginning chasing that perfect juice, or that device that's going to be the magic bullet to get off cigs. Get a juice you can tolerate at first, a pc that delivers the nicotine you need and stick it out.
After that, figure out what you like and don't like about your pv and go from there.

vafromnc

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North Carolina
My mom smoked 60 years and needed 36 to quit.

Vape what you have to. It really doesn't matter what some of these people vape, they aren't you.

She quit with a Riva and LR cartomizers.

You already have a 3.7 volt device. Get some low resistance cartomizers for it if you don't have them and 36 juice.

It may not be necessary to continually throw money at difference devices. Just hang in there with what you have and give it some time.

That is freaking awesome! Go mom!!

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
Thanks, I just thogut I would like the option of higher nic. I have just ordered some so I will see how I go.
I smoked for 36 years (another gray haired vaper) and I needed 36 to stay on vaping.
I'm almost 3 years in and just now cutting my all day vape to 24. I still use 36 sometimes.
Do what you need to do.
Your body will tell you what you need.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Your right, everyone is different, I don't know how I gave up in the beginning using a 510 after getting a Tank then Go Go but I did. Now it's more I would like a higher hit of nic at times and I thought this way I could mix to please.

I stuck it out with the ego from the beginning, but my mom started with a Smoke Tip, then a Riva, then a KR808 from V4L, back to the Riva. Now she uses an Echo-e which is similiar to your Go Go except it's a 510 instead of a KR808. That's a great PV!

CCC

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Australia
Sorry if this advice is too late seeing as you have already made your order but what i do is

-Get 60mg unflavoured nic liquid
-Get some PG
-Get some VG
-Get some flavour doublers

Then from the 60mg i cut it down with the pg or vg to double the strength i want to end up with, then i mix it 50/50 with the doubler and i have my own custom mg juice. Or in your case if you mixed the 60mg nic liquid 50/50 with flavour doubler you would end up with 30mg juice.

Just for example purposes to make it easy to understand - I want 10mls of 18mg apple juice -
I mix 12mls of nic liquid (60mg), with 8mls PG - this gives me 20mls of 36mg nic liquid.
I then take 10mls of the 36mg nic liquid and add it to 10mls of apple doubler.
The end result is now 20mls of 18mg apple juice :)

I use this calculator to help me eJuice Recipe Calculator

I leave the water and flavour sections at 0.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
I was lucky, that was just about the same order I put in, I thought I would need PG & VG as well, Thanks
Sorry if this advice is too late seeing as you have already made your order but what i do is

-Get 60mg unflavoured nic liquid
-Get some PG
-Get some VG
-Get some flavour doublers

Then from the 60mg i cut it down with the pg or vg to double the strength i want to end up with, then i mix it 50/50 with the doubler and i have my own custom mg juice. Or in your case if you mixed the 60mg nic liquid 50/50 with flavour doubler you would end up with 30mg juice.

Just for example purposes to make it easy to understand - I want 10mls of 18mg apple juice -
I mix 12mls of nic liquid (60mg), with 8mls PG - this gives me 20mls of 36mg nic liquid.
I then take 10mls of the 36mg nic liquid and add it to 10mls of apple doubler.
The end result is now 20mls of 18mg apple juice :)

I use this calculator to help me eJuice Recipe Calculator

I leave the water and flavour sections at 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread