Status
Not open for further replies.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
4.8 Volt NiMH Battery Cell

They are not protected, they are nickle metal cells. From my own experience they work good but do not last long and don't seem to pack the oompf that my 3.7 IMR LiMn cells do. If you want to use this type I would in hindsight personally do what the dude that built the puck mod does and just get 4 1100mah NiMH AA size batteries which will give you much more vape time than the short stack packs of 1/3 A cells. If you have the space that is...

Ron -

carlton M

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Walnut Creek Ca
4.8 Volt NiMH Battery Cell

They are not protected, they are nickle metal cells. From my own experience they work good but do not last long and don't seem to pack the oompf that my 3.7 IMR LiMn cells do. If you want to use this type I would in hindsight personally do what the dude that built the puck mod does and just get 4 1100mah NiMH AA size batteries which will give you much more vape time than the short stack packs of 1/3 A cells. If you have the space that is...

Ron -
Thanks Ron!
But dang it! I already ordered 2! So I'll have to see how it goes. If this doesn't cut it , I'll just have to break down and get a VV PV.
I've benn doing the 3.7 volt/LR thing and lately have not been staisfied. 6volts too, but that gets to be too much!
I'm hoping 5 vs will be my new sweet spot!

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
You should build a VV, I built the evercool mod found here in the forums and I used that 4.8v NiMH with it. For me I rarely vaped it at over 4.6v with a 2ohm DCT. It was awesomeness but the battery did tend to drop off after a bit. I just got some IMR 18350's for the VV, that should work. If you do decide to build the evercool, the regulator can be ordered as a sample from TI...it helps keep the cost down.

Ron -

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The 4.8 NiMh cells work well and hit harder than a 3.7v battery, downside is they don't hold the charge as long. I much prefer the AA NiMh in a "Puck" style mod, it will last me all day no problems. Takes me about an hour to put one together including letting the epoxy harden...:) One other benefit is if you can score some NiZn (nickle-zinc) 1.6v for the Puck, they will supply any dual coil with the necessary volts and amps to run properly. Another benefit is not having to be paranoid about charging, over-charging, over dis-charging.

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks Ron!
But dang it! I already ordered 2! So I'll have to see how it goes. If this doesn't cut it , I'll just have to break down and get a VV PV.
I've benn doing the 3.7 volt/LR thing and lately have not been staisfied. 6volts too, but that gets to be too much!
I'm hoping 5 vs will be my new sweet spot!

Hi Carlton

How's the 4.8 NiMH battery? good? Since my kick died i think i need to try out this batteries till the kick in restock. Any comments?

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Actually they are working out pretty well! No regrets! Just need higher ohms than I thought, these come off the charger hot like 5.6v.
VV is up next!
So I could do a Puck/Elmo cross with VV? And display? It looks like if I use 4 AAA I could get 1000 mah at 4.8 volts? People seem to be saying us AA but 4 of those would be a little heavy, wouldn't they?

What if I made one with 4 AAA and used an eGo Twist as backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread