Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Today marks the fourth anniversary of the day my wife and I vaped our first ecig and the last day we had one of those incredibly smelly, chemically-loaded, and expensive cigarettes.
I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and my wife smoked about a pack a day when we saw an ad for SmokeSticks. We paid waaay too much but they got us started on our first vaping experience and we both knew immediately it was going to work. Over the years we've been through 4-5 styles of ecigs and a wide range of juices, and we've enjoyed it all. This Forum and the good friends we met here helped us in so many ways. This is, without a doubt, the very best and most knowledgeable group for those wanting to kick those stinky cigs to the curb and move on to a healthier way of living. Neither of us have had even one cigarette since our first vape four years ago.
I read a post today by someone who said his ecigs and vaping costs more than smoking stink cigs, and talked as though it wasn't worth it. It can cost more to begin. When we began, I kept a log of our ecig expenses vs. what we would have spent on cigs, and it was about two months before we began to see a cost savings. But the money savings has stayed high, and our health is much better.
I was 59 years old, smoked 2-3 packs a day, had bought a riding mower because I couldn't push mow my lawn anymore. My wife was 51, smoked a pack a day, and had a terrible smokers cough in the mornings. Within six weeks of vaping I had parked my riding mower and was back push mowing my yard, and my wife's smoker's cough was nearly gone.
Today we use the Kanger attys on simple eGo batteries and spend about $40 a month on 24 mg juice, total. There's the new battery once in a while and a 5-pack of attys for stock, but that, coupled with our juice orders, is still FAR LESS than the hundreds of dollars we would have spent each month on cigarettes. Plus, we feel so much better. No cough, no tightness in the chest, no afternoon headaches. and no stink on us, our house, or in our car.
I applaud those who have used ecigs to totally stop nicotine. They prove it can be done if that's where you want to go. We never intended on quitting. We wanted to improve our health and hopefully save money. We've done that.
I've seen Forum members have their disagreements and differences of opinion but, in the end, all agree they are here to help themselves and others. Again, this is an incredibly helpful Forum that includes some of the nicest and most knowledgeable people you will ever meet. We thank all of you and them for getting us to this wonderful fourth-year vaping anniversary.

Last edited:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Just wanted to add: For those just starting, give yourself time to try different styles of ecigs, attys, and juice. Don't expect your first to be the only one out there for you. If your first ecig style or juice level fails, they failed...not you. You can make this work if you have truly decided you're sick to death of cigarettes, literally. I have two neighbors that tried my ecig a year or two ago. They coughed..even gagged. They tried again several months ago when they finally decided they'd had enough. Today they are our friendly vaping neighbors. (Thanks for the congrats and kind words.)

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
Good strory, congratulations. I'd like to suggest you to go to CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association and submit your success story to CASAA Testimonial Collection. The link is right on the home page. The more testimonials we gather the easier will be to oppose statements like "there is no evidence e-cigarettes are less harmful". I am 2.5 years of no smoking and I've submitted my story. I think every member of this forum should do this.

Beachboy

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Disneyland
Today marks the fourth anniversary of the day my wife and I vaped our first ecig and the last day we had one of those incredibly smelly, chemically-loaded, and expensive cigarettes. .

You and your wife are my source of inspiration. I just switched to vaping 1month back and I hope to carry on forever.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Awesome, Mr.and Mrs. Cliff! And WOW!!! Please DO go to the CASAA website and upload your first post as a very important success story!

For your posting convenience, here's a direct link to start adding your story: E-cigarettes and other Tobacco Harm Reduction strategies: a collection of success stories

Today is my 8-month smokefree anniversary. I am SO in awe of you guys!!! (The exclamation point key on my keyboard is having a nervous breakdown, but I don't care!) You are a mega inspiration to all vapers!

Live long and vape on! :vapor: :toast: :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread