Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Two years ago today, my wife Vali and I vaped our first e-cig (SmokeStik) and we've never looked back. We were among those lucky ones who immediately connected with vaping and we've not had even one cigarette since that first vape.
I had smoked for more than 40 years and was at 2-3 packs a day. We had tried the patch and it/we had failed. We used Chantix in 2008 and again in early 2009. It worked until we stopped taking the pills and completed the program. Many very weird Chantix dreams later we began smoking again.
Vali saw an ad in Parade magazine where Leonardo DiCaprio was using a SmokeStik. Why not? We decided to give it a try. It worked!
For the next six months we went through a few different styles of e-cigs until we hit the eGo. That was in very early 2010 and that's what we've been with since.
I'm just saying that if you're new to vaping, welcome, good luck and stay with it. To my fellow veteran vapers, we are so glad to be among you. I'm 61, push mow my yard now (sold my riding mower after 30 days vaping), breath so much better, and play my drums with more energy than I have in years. I stopped having afternoon smokers' headaches a week after I began vaping and Vali lost her morning smokers' cough within a couple of weeks.
Not sure we would be where we are, or had the success we've had, without the incredible support, education and advice from all you beautifully supportive people on ECF. Thank You all so very, very much!:thumbs::thumbs:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Hi Cliff!!! :)

To you and Vali:
th_congratulations_graphics_08.gif

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
That's simply awesome Cliff. I know how proud I was at my year mark. I hope you're twice as proud, maybe four times as proud including Vali. I'm amazed when I think about all of the research and money the tobacco industry has put into making their product more addictive than any drug out there and that addiction can be broken by something as simple and as relatively harmless as propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, a battery and a switch. It's crazy when you think about it that way.
Well here's a great big ATTA BOY (and GIRL) from me.
Good health and happiness to you both.

Tracy211

Apr 5, 2011
Iowa
My husband and I have a similar story, we have quit together and haven't had a cigarette since the day we got our Silver Bullets in the mail. Only difference is we are only at 2 months! LOL But I can't wait to be just like you and in 2 years be able to write a similar post. What an inspiration you both are! Congratulations on all your success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread