Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
We have not had a cigarette since one year ago, thanks to the e-cigarette and the incredibly wonderful people here on the ECF!

It's so hard to believe that one year ago I was lighting up and inhaling 40-50 cigarettes a day and my wife was burning up 20 a day. I smoked for 45 years and she smoked for 30 years and after years of trying to quit cold turkey, using the patch and terrible days of Chantix, something finally worked. vaping! We've been among the lucky ones who were able to stop cigarettes on the very first day we began vaping. Neither of us has had one stinking smoke since that day.

So thanks again to every one of you for helping us through. Your comments, knowledge, advice, encouragement and friendship have played such a huge part in our success.
Cheers to you ! :toast:

Last edited:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
zbasspro - We started with the RN4081 model SmokeStik because (of course) we wanted something that looked like a cigarette. Used pre-filled carts of 18mg for a while then went to filling our own with 24mg after about one month. The RN4081 has a lot of fans and they were good enough to keep us vaping for about 4 months.
Then we went to the M401 Dragon and Phoenix models from TrueSmoker for about a month or so. We finally decided to go with the Joye 510 style late last year and that's where we stayed until March or April when we went over to the eGo.
We were fortunate that each time we changed styles it seemed to be for the better. Although none of the styles were bad, the eGo is where we fully intend on staying. Throughout our year vaping, except the first month's pre-filled carts, we have been using 24mg. I vape about 3 ml a day and my wife vapes about 3 ml every 2-3 days. It never leaves my hand but obviously she isn't quite so physically attached to hers.
I kept a spending log until January of this year and it proved we have saved money. We never went overboard on mods or juice but just kept ahead of our needs. I now vape USA Mix/ Marlboro or Flue Cured Tobacco and she vapes Candy Cane, ordering juice only from StrictlyEJuice.
That's our anniversary story as brief as I can keep it.
Good luck in your vaping. One year will come around before you know it.

Thanks again for sharing. I asked because there are a lot of people that get to zero nic fairly quick around here, and I know one guy with 200 some days @ zero nic for several months, and almost done with PVs altogether. I guess that takes discipline and a desire to stop vaping, of which I don`t have much of either one, although I hope to one day be vape free, but if it never happens won`t bother me too bad.

That wasn`t meant to downplay your accomplishment in any way, so please don`t take it as such. To not pick up a cig for a year is amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread