Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Congratulations! Think back! What made you switch? For me it was a night that I was with my mom in the hospital. The hospital that she was in, didn't allow smoking anywhere on their property, even if you were in your own car, but parked on their property! I just thought there has to be a better way than walking a half block to the street and standing down there smoking a cigarette! So I found e-cigarettes and have went from true blues, through many interactions until I eventually found the Istik I use today!
To be honest, I was already tired of buying $35-46 cartons of Marlboro and had been ordering them off the internet from Russia, for about $18. But now that I am set up with plenty of spares batteries, coils, etc. I now spend less in a year than I used to spend in a month, and I have cut back drastically. Four packs of cigarettes a day before to 250ml lasting me for six to eight months!
My wife and I tried to quit cold turkey about 8 years ago. She made it, I didn't. I got tired of having to go outside or the garage to have one and being made to feel like an outcast in my own home. I decided to try to cut down and bought some gas station ecigs, mostly NJOY and Blu. It did help me cut back, but was still at a pack a day. I bought a couple of those high dollar kits where they auto ship cartridges, and those things really did nothing. In doing some searches, I found ECF and joined, but just read. I finally ordered and Ego kit and some 24mg juice from the same vendor. When it arrived, I set it up the morning of Feb 8th 2014, and haven't smoked a cigarette since. Before trying vaping, I'd also been on patches multiple times, herbal smoke cessation kits, gum, and even prescription medication. Nothing worked and figured I'm just a die-hard smoker who'll go to my grave with a cigarette in my mouth and a pack in my pocket. But, after 40 years of smoking, vaping turned the tide that nothing else did. I'm now a nonsmoker, and will for always. That's my story.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
My wife and I tried to quit cold turkey about 8 years ago. She made it, I didn't. I got tired of having to go outside or the garage to have one and being made to feel like an outcast in my own home. I decided to try to cut down and bought some gas station ecigs, mostly NJOY and Blu. It did help me cut back, but was still at a pack a day. I bought a couple of those high dollar kits where they auto ship cartridges, and those things really did nothing. In doing some searches, I found ECF and joined, but just read. I finally ordered and Ego kit and some 24mg juice from the same vendor. When it arrived, I set it up the morning of Feb 8th 2014, and haven't smoked a cigarette since. Before trying vaping, I'd also been on patches multiple times, herbal smoke cessation kits, gum, and even prescription medication. Nothing worked and figured I'm just a die-hard smoker who'll go to my grave with a cigarette in my mouth and a pack in my pocket. But, after 40 years of smoking, vaping turned the tide that nothing else did. I'm now a nonsmoker, and will for always. That's my story.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

109.jpg

I've been merrily going along and realized I made 4 years smoke free on the 8th of this month. It was the best move I made joining this forum a few months before just reading and learning. I vaped and smoked during those months using Blu's, NJOYs, and the like, but nothing took. It took an Ego to hit the spot and haven't smoked since. Of course I've upgraded considerably since those days. But I am thankful for this forum and all you fine folks here for helping me along the way.
Big Congrats! I hit 4 years last month and its awesome eh!

I've been merrily going along and realized I made 4 years smoke free on the 8th of this month. It was the best move I made joining this forum a few months before just reading and learning. I vaped and smoked during those months using Blu's, NJOYs, and the like, but nothing took. It took an Ego to hit the spot and haven't smoked since. Of course I've upgraded considerably since those days. But I am thankful for this forum and all you fine folks here for helping me along the way.
CONGRATZZZ

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Congratulations pwheeler. It is a great feeling. I just enjoyed my fifth anniversary in November 2017. I started with the good old ego-t too.

Vaping is such a miracle for those of us who thought we could never be free of cigarettes, in fact who didn't even think we wanted to be free.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Congratulations pwheeler. It is a great feeling. I just enjoyed my fifth anniversary in November 2017. I started with the good old ego-t too.

Vaping is such a miracle for those of us who thought we could never be free of cigarettes, in fact who didn't even think we wanted to be free.
That's wonderful! Congrats on 5 years. At this point, I have no worries about making 5 myself. Vaping is, for me, the miracle cure. It worked when nothing else did.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread