Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
It has been NINE HUNDRED DAYS since I last smoked (or really even wanted) a cigarette. Yes, it's a weird point in my "smoke-free count". I know there are so many more of you who have made it longer than I, but considering all the times in the past that I've told myself I needed to quit smoking, I am incredulous that I have made it this long.

I actually rekindled my vape journey about a month prior, but hadn't fully committed to no longer buying more cigarettes until that one day in March, 2014. I really started this journey in 2010, but there were false starts along the way, and I had no clue there was this place called ECF. (Had I found ECF back then, I'm sure I'd have quit much sooner....)

Since then, I've read a lot in this forum; upgraded my gear from cigalikes and fixed-voltage pens; I've learned to build my own coils; I've learned to make my own juice; I have met and become friends with some amazing folks who haunt these pages.

Thanks for supporting (or is that "enabling" :sneaky: ) me along the way.

A big :w00t: to us all!

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
It has been NINE HUNDRED DAYS since I last smoked (or really even wanted) a cigarette. Yes, it's a weird point in my "smoke-free count". I know there are so many more of you who have made it longer than I, but considering all the times in the past that I've told myself I needed to quit smoking, I am incredulous that I have made it this long.

I actually rekindled my vape journey about a month prior, but hadn't fully committed to no longer buying more cigarettes until that one day in March, 2014. I really started this journey in 2010, but there were false starts along the way, and I had no clue there was this place called ECF. (Had I found ECF back then, I'm sure I'd have quit much sooner....)

Since then, I've read a lot in this forum; upgraded my gear from cigalikes and fixed-voltage pens; I've learned to build my own coils; I've learned to make my own juice; I have met and become friends with some amazing folks who haunt these pages.

Thanks for supporting (or is that "enabling" :sneaky: ) me along the way.

A big :w00t: to us all!

Congrats!! It's a great feeling isn't it?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I am incredulous that I have made it this long.

Congarats.jpg

Gee, what did you use to quit? That vaping stuff isn't approved as a cessation device, you know.... :facepalm:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Congratulations. Unfortunately, according to the FDA, you do not exist and are actually NOT quitting but entering a gateway to START smoking.

In all seriousness though what an amazing accomplishment. I am only on month 6 no smoking, but to hear your story encourages me even more.

My next step is to step into the single digits on nic level.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Congratulations. Unfortunately, according to the FDA, you do not exist and are actually NOT quitting but entering a gateway to START smoking.

In all seriousness though what an amazing accomplishment. I am only on month 6 no smoking, but to hear your story encourages me even more.

My next step is to step into the single digits on nic level.

:w00t: for you! I've played around with various nic levels, and am currently at 6. I actually started at zero, but bumped as high as 12 (I was gifted some 15 and 18 at one point, but way too much for me!) I was around 10 earlier this year. Let your change happen when you're ready. I've never seen this as any form of "competition", just a way to feel better, but still accommodate the "habit" of hand-to-mouth (without eating more food than I need!)

So many folks here have encouraged me; I hope I can be an encouragement for others :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread