The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

40 bucks off New Chrome Provari's

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Hottody, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cerver7

cerver7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    Gratz to all new provari owners :)

2. Pete379

Pete379 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    Illinois
    Just got home after a week on the road and my new Chrome Provari made it home before me. Looks great and the only blem I can see is a light logo so it looks great. Also had an order from High Desert Vapes with a new glass tank as well as some new DIY flavors to play with. In for a couple of fun days off. :vapor:

3. DukeBlue

DukeBlue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    NC
    Congrats on getting a blem free blemished chrome. :D I’m enjoying mine, and find myself checking the clearance page almost every day to see what they got up. Who knows maybe some of the new colors may have the so called blemish.

4. b0redagain

b0redagain Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I'll take another one in a different color.

5. skigro

skigro Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2012
    Cross Plains, WI
    Well I received my blem provari yesterday. The logo is light in spots and there are two "light scratches" in the finish. But other than that its great looking. Definitely a finger print magnet. Lol. Works amazingly especially compared to a vmax. Sooo much better.

6. GregNTulsa

GregNTulsa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
    I just noticed on ProVapes website that it said Ultrafire batteries will cause problems. I got my UltraFire batteries from AltSmoke for my Silver Bullet and they are all I have and my Provari should be in my mailbox when I get home. Am I screwed? Will my UltraFire 18650 hurt my new ProVari with the Extension Cap?

7. Striker911

Striker911 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Mountain Home, AR
    All of the UF batteries I have are to long. Got 18500 for ProV in short and 18350 for Orion. Way to big. For me is AW only from now on. I cant afford to ship things all over the country for no good reason. I dont care if people say a battery will work or not. Its not worth the risk or aggravation.

8. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are they button tops? Either way I personally wouldn't chance it. Why risk damaging an expensive device on cheap batteries?

9. GregNTulsa

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
    I guess I never thought about the possibility of length difference. I got the extension cap b/c my UltraFire batteries are 2600mAh and the AW batteries on ProVapes website are only 2000mAh. I figured I already had a "better" battery. If I knew they weren't going to work then I would have not gotten the ext bat cap and ordered their 18490/18500 batts.

Damn confusing mod world. Thank you very much for the info Striker911.

10. GregNTulsa

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
    Yes they are. I just assumed the were not "cheap", since they were the ones suggested to buy with my Silver Bullet from AltSmoke. I guess I figured one of the best IMO fixed voltage devices on the market would sell good quality batteries with their mod.

11. GregNTulsa

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
  12. spraintz

spraintz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Link not working...

3100 mAh?!?!?! that's awesome! that thing supposed to last all week?;)

13. spraintz

spraintz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
  14. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sorry that was taken out of context. I was not calling your batteries cheap, I was saying that in general batteries are cheap - just get the proper ones ProVape recommends.

15. GregNTulsa

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
    No apologies necessary. I am just in a bit of a freak out mode b/c I don't want to hurt my Provari and somehow in all my research I missed this battery issue. VaporKings.com down the street from me sells 18650 batteries that they use in their Provari's. They carry a limited number of Provaris. So I am headed down there to buy a couple of those. Still get to play with my new toy tonight, so other than the expense and the trip to get the new batteries, all is well.

Thanks

16. Striker911

Striker911 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Mountain Home, AR
    They are protected button tops. Seen someone say on ECF that the 18500 was fine. At any rate I still would have been double protected. Your talking to the guy and used a 14500 in a older ProV :D Worked great in a pinch.

17. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    wrong thread.. sorry.

Attached Files:

18. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

My friends came yesterday and it has the logo and no blemishes that we could find! :D

19. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    Same here. Maybe we lucked out and got the last of the stock since they discontinued the chrome entirely. I really looked, a 2nd person looked and it is shiny and perfect with a logo. VERY pleased.

20. GregNTulsa

Sep 24, 2009
    Sand Springs, OK
    I can't find a blemish! And they got the blue led like I wanted! The batteries I bought from VaporKings are the same that Provape sells. So all is well and I am enjoying the heck out of it! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345249950.128630.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.