Status
Not open for further replies.

jlt2003

Feb 18, 2010
Moulton,Al
I was reading a thread about the rare 4081
cartomizer and it caught my interest,since
I have an NPRO kit that I've been using
sporadically for a couple of months now.

The supplier is Discount Smokestik and they
were offering to send these cartos out to
a limited number of people for reviews.
When I contacted them to see if any were still available I found them to be friendly
and helpful folks,as they were willing to ship for free and also include a 901
adapter since my preferred carry is a DSE
This is a nice carto that works as well for
me on the NPRO as the 4081 atty does.
The vapor and strength of flavor are very
close if not a bit better than the atty,
and the throat hit is much better.I have to
say here that the Npro isn't my favorite
but it's because of the auto batts.I have a
tough time using autos and I've tried 901
and 510 with the same results.I know it's me and not the batts.because my wife uses
them with much better results.
Since I now have an adapter I put the 4081
atty on my 905 to compare and I have to say the carto is at least as good and there are
no fiddly tiny carts to deal with.The 4081
and adapter also came with a nice instruction sheet on how to refill the carto.If anyone's interested I'll have to report back on how the
refilling goes since I've toked on this one
all afternoon and haven't drained it yet.

I do need to say here that the comparison may not be fair cause I've been using the 4081 atty on a 5VPT for ~3 weeks now and may have weakend it so that it's not at it's best on the 905:)After a couple of fills,If there is no visible burning,I
will be putting 5V to this carto as well!

So OK now for the carto comparison:
The wrapper on the 4081 says its regular"?"
24mg.The flavor is tobacco-e with a hint of
a mild nutty/fruity flavor.Not bad but not
great,kinda neutral IMO.The TH is better
than a 901 atty.Vapor is between the 901 and 510.
Compared to a Greencig carto vanilla 16mg
the vapor is close but the Greencig has a fuller smoother taste and the 4081 has better TH.
Compared to a 510 carto? No contest!
The 510 cartos have stronger flavor,more
vapor and more TH.But I have had burn issues with the 510 after ~6 refills.
I've never used a kr8 carto.

My conclusion so far is that if you like
your NPRO,4081 etc...this will make a great
addition to your kit.No tiny carts to mess
with and lasts pretty well.If you're a fan
of the 4081 atty for DD like I am for the
mild flavor and good TH you'll probly like
the 4081 carto for the same reasons and you
won't have to drip as often and can spend more time pacifier vaping.
All yall know this is just IMO an YMMV.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Thanks for the review. My main vape is a mod box dripping 510 and 510 LR attys, a couple of PTs, and an eGo, mostly cartos but I'm trying out the 510 CE2-4 reg and XL cartos as a few days ago; all manual.

I've also broken out my 4081, my first PV, charged up the 3 auto batteries, and I've been using it along with my others for several days. I'll have to say that using the tiny carts is almost like dripping because after a few puffs the cart needs more juice. So.... after reading your review I remembered I had a cleaned, 4081 filled carto sitting in the kitchen.

I, also, just checked my box and I did order a 5 pack of 4081 cartos from Cloud9 about a month ago and had forgotten about them. They are filled with tobacco/"high". I haven't used them yet.

The carto I'm using right now was originally filled with menthol which I cleaned out. It now has FSUSA 1/2 American Spirit and 1/2 Wyatt Earp, 50% pc/50% vg or abouts.

The 4081 with carto is an impressive vape. Lots of vapor and decent TH.

I'll have to say that I have two standard 4081 batteries from two different US suppliers, well known, AND one original Direct Ecig battery that is supposed to be higher voltage than the regular 4081 batteries. I haven't put a meter to them yet as I can't locate it in the mess here. I got the DirectEcig kit virtually free.

I do get more vapor from the Direct Ecig battery than the other two.

I'm impressed enough with the carto that I'm going to retire my old style (2 hole) attys and carts. They are just too much trouble. If my 4081 batteries were manual I would consider using the old attys for dripping but why take the chance when I have other options.

I have ordered some adapters so I'll be able to try the 4081 cartos with mod box (3.7 v) my two PTs (510 and 801), the two different mAh eGo batteries, and the 801 batteries for comparison purposes. I, also, have, but haven't used yet, some Brand Diablo 510 batteries. They are 180 mAh and 280 mAh.

The carto is producing nice vapor and a good amount. It is very smooth and cool. This carto has two holes in it (screw end) but I'm not sure about the others.

The DirectEcig was my first and it got me off of analogs really fast. At first I was using tobacco juices but now like additional sweet juices, some with a hint of tobacco; hence the AS mixture with sweet juices.

Once I get the adapters I'll add my observations to this thread.

BTW.... for those who haven't read the threads about the 4081 they are well appreciated by many, but not well known.

(edit) I have only one main issue with the 4081 with auto battery. The draw on all of my other PVs is much easier. I do get a little headache if I spend too much time using the 4081, chain vaping as I do. That's just me. I've used DH's 801, with all auto batteries, and it does take less suction to activate and gives major vapor. The carts are huge but the batteries don't last very long chain vaping. And auto batteries are risky due to gunking from juice.

Thanks again for the great review.

Alice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread