42 years of analogs, now on to the eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerfly

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Lake Charles, LA
After a stay in the hospital for a pulmonary embolism I decided it was time to quit smoking after 42 years of it. I got the doctor to get me some Chantix and that did help some. There was still that urge after eating and first thing in the morning that was killing me. After trying a couple of the njoy that you can find at Wally World I was told to try the eGo T and see what vaping really was. I found a local place that is online as well and went and talked with the people there. I got hooked up with the eGo T, a cartimizer, charger, and fluid for about the cost of a carton of analogs. The eGo is awesome and has enough throat hit that it makes going without analogs a breeze now. I gotta thank those guys for setting me on the right path.

hammerfly

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Lake Charles, LA
Thanks y'all. This site was suggested to me by a member here that is also a member on a radio controlled helicopter board that I frequent. He said this place rocks and from what I've seen in the little bit of time I've been here he isn't too far off the bubble. I was lucky enough to find a place locally that was helpful as heck getting started.

hammerfly

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Lake Charles, LA
The health is slowly coming back, but, from the looks of it I'll end up going on disability now since the company I worked for pretty much put me on the street once the doctor released me. With the COPD, and embolism on my history no oilfield company is going to hire me now for what I was doing. Talk about hard to quit smoking with all that is going on, thank God for the eGo.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Glad to hear you're feeling better hammerfly. I smoked for 44 yrs and was just waiting for the Dr. to tell me.....
In regards to COPD many here have had great recovery stories:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ries/175614-doctors-visit-regarding-copd.html
Wishing you the very best of Luck and we're all rootin' for ya :thumbs:

The health is slowly coming back, but, from the looks of it I'll end up going on disability now since the company I worked for pretty much put me on the street once the doctor released me. With the COPD, and embolism on my history no oilfield company is going to hire me now for what I was doing. Talk about hard to quit smoking with all that is going on, thank God for the eGo.

hammerfly

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Lake Charles, LA
I was pretty much in the same boat as the Txtumbleweed in the post you mentioned. The only difference was that I was already on oxygen for my COPD. I am no longer on that as my pulse ox is finally stable at around 95 to 97. My doctor evidently has already heard of the ecig movement and approves of them. He can't believe the difference in my air movement now compared to when I first went to the hospital. As a matter of fact, I have two doctors that approve, my primary physician and my pulmonary doctor. They have both given their blessing to vaping.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
GREAT. My Dr, Dentist and Surgeon are all amazed at the improvement in my health. I promise you it will get even better.
Cheers.

I was pretty much in the same boat as the Txtumbleweed in the post you mentioned. The only difference was that I was already on oxygen for my COPD. I am no longer on that as my pulse ox is finally stable at around 95 to 97. My doctor evidently has already heard of the ecig movement and approves of them. He can't believe the difference in my air movement now compared to when I first went to the hospital. As a matter of fact, I have two doctors that approve, my primary physician and my pulmonary doctor. They have both given their blessing to vaping.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Hey hammerfly, great to see you over here, and welcome to ECF, lots of great people here for sure. I'm really happy that vaping is working for you, I thought it might. And I'm really glad to hear about the better health report as well, and great news that your docs approve as well, I always love hearing that. My Mom has COPD (among other things) and I've gotten her started vaping too.

hammerfly

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Lake Charles, LA
Hey WNC, thanks for the headsup on this place man. I'm finding this vaping thing almost as much fun as my helis and planks. At least with this I won't have to be making repairs in the evening after a day of flying, uh, vaping. LOL

Edit: Hey Mustang, thanks man, it is nice to be able to see the improvements I've been making.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Hey WNC, thanks for the headsup on this place man. I'm finding this vaping thing almost as much fun as my helis and planks. At least with this I won't have to be making repairs in the evening after a day of flying, uh, vaping. LOL

You're welcome buddy, the group here at ECF is awesome, lots of great people and info. Oh just wait till you find RBA's, genesis atties, etc, and you'll be tinkering plenty. I enjoy the wick / coil making a lot, and vaping has definitely bacame another hobby for me, like I needed another one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread