The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Discussion in 'RDA' started by iamAuz, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CharliesTheMan

CharliesTheMan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Louisiana
    Man I've read all the way since your swastacoil post, it was great to see your post where you pulled the trigger and hoped it was nice after the last let down, all the way up to now through being happy with it, then flourishing with your beautiful builds. I'm really glad it worked out for you, and appreciate all the info you've posted. I'm loving this atty myself.

Does anyone happen to know where I can find this image in fullsize, big_block_small.jpg

Edit: replaced link with screenshot, I think the link might be against the rules

2. Just built a quad coil for my big block that lights up quickly and evenly
    Now if I could just open up all 4 air hole I would be all set, it seems that's not going to happen though
    Finally got it! I had to stick a screwdriver in the holes from the inside of the barrel to adjust the airflow
    I wish it had a sleeve around the outside for the airflow, maybe the next version will.
    After all that I am loving it on my nemesis reading at .13. Hits like a champ and gives me more than my hex ohm with any build could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RSZ1

RSZ1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Canada
    [​IMG]

4. kenz1967

kenz1967 Full Member Verified Member

I'm loving mine. But I noticed mine has the Canadian maple leaf on the bottom and not the Kr. any thoughts?

Oh and not to sound uneducated but can someone tell me what iteo wicking is please?

5. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Can't answer the first. But for iTeo wicking.

Tear off a thin layer of cotton from your cotton pad.

Wet the cotton layer with juice

Roll the cotton layer pretty densely to form a cylindrical shaped cotton wick.

6. kenz1967

kenz1967 Full Member Verified Member

Cool. Thanx Kiwi.

So I'm going to assume that it helps your cotton wick quicker/better?

7. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apparently it wicks a hell lot better for very high wattage vaping, and holds a ton of juice. Has a significantly longer break in time before the cottony taste goes away tho. I've only tried it a couple of times. Too much trouble for me

8. Frocket

Frocket Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    north Carolina
    This one's definitely on my want list. I've been rocking a Magma on an IPV2, have the new Sigelei 100w coming in soon. I freaking love my Magma, and it looks like this one's just as versatile.

Also considering the Plume Veil; but concerned about those negative post air holes - seems like it's just designed to leak every time one drips. So, question: if anyone has the Magma, Plume Veil, and the 454, which of the three do you prefer?

9. Frocket

Frocket Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    north Carolina
    I typically use a 2mm screwdriver for my coils, which is just a teensy bit (0.016mm) larger than 5/64.

Threw a pair of 2.4mm (slightly larger than 3/32) coils on my Magma, and not liking those coils as much - too much wicking material, feels like it's just holding a lot of excess liquid for no good reason. The 5/64 / 2mm diameter seems perfect - wicks extremely well with rayon, and doesn't take up too much space.

I'm used to mm measurements since I use these:
    [​IMG]

10. mantos

mantos Full Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Greece
    I have all of the above rdas (1:1 clones ofc). I like all of them, really. But if i was about to keep one, it would be the magma.
    The plume veil has great flavor & vapor production, but doesn't hold too much liquid. U have to drip more often comparing to the other ones.
    454 has also nice flavor, but i think plume veil & magma are at least a lvl above on that.

The only minus i can find on my magma is the long 510. The draw is airy enough for me.
    As for vapor production, (i don't cloudchase, but i use 80%vg/20%pg liquids) all of them are good enough for me.

Capacity: Magma> 454> Plume Veil
    Flavor: Magma>= Plume Veil > 454
    Clouds: Plume Veil > 454> Magma

That's the comparison for me!! I hope u can be helped.

11. stanthemanchan

stanthemanchan Senior Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    The 454 is just a good all-round performer. It gives decent flavour and decent clouds and has a massive juice well. I haven't measured it out, but I think the capacity is actually bigger than the Magma. If not, it's very close between the two. The Magma's well is deeper, but the 454's is wider. The other thing that the 454 does better than the Plume Veil and the Magma is that it is less prone to leaking.

12. Bill3753

Bill3753 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 6, 2013
    CT
    Picked one of these up from my local B&M a few weeks ago and am really impressed. Have run single parallel coil, dual parallel coils, both in 28 ga. Most recent, built 24 gauge quad horizontal and now a 28 gauge quad vertical build 5 wraps each which came in at .25 ohms. I have to say, the quad vertical build is my favorite to date by far. Tons of flavor and clouds for days!

Atty looks great on my XXIX as well.

image.jpg

Anyone know a decent wide bore drip tip that will fit this bad boy? My go to derlin wide bore won't fit in the top cap, so I've been rocking the stock tip so far. Would really like a wide for it though.

13. nopoison

nopoison Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I tried dual and quad vertical builds and they were ok but this is my new fav 454 build - dual horizontal 26ga 10 wrap 3/32" .6 ohm @ 40 watts w/ rayon - clouds and flavor to die for!

454horizontal.jpg

14. sirenmedina

sirenmedina Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Seattle, WA USA
    thank goodness for this forum! I just decided I needed a dripper for testing juice mixes cause the tank thing is getting too weird for me soooooooo I just went and bought me a 454 Big Block style atty after doing zero homework, no clue how to build a coil, barely know what wicking is etc. etc. etc. LOL I know you all are going to get me through it :D

15. Jman28546

Jman28546 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2013
    Jacksonville, nc, usa
    Still my FAVORITE dripper to date...despite all the new releases the gg tilemahos and the 454 are my adv atties

16. Wamo

Wamo Full Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Texas
    anybody have one of these on a SMPL mod or a Nemi using hybrid adapter? Please let me know need to find a good atty

17. Jman28546

Jman28546 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2013
    Jacksonville, nc, usa
    I have mine on the stingray x with hybrid adapter...amazing vape

18. Wamo

Wamo Full Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Texas
    Thanks Jman. I've been using a VTR and SVD with iclear 30s and similar tanks the past year and a half and have a lot of catching up to do with RDA's. With my current setup I was only able to cut back on the analogs but not quit completely. Last I looked into RDA's was a purchase of IGO-W and IGO-L back early 2013 that I don't think I was able to really get coil building down at the time. I went to local vape shop and had them build a 1.0ohm coil, as that's about all the VTR can handle however it's helped me take better more fulfilling inhales killing my crave for analogs. A friend of mine loaned me a copper Nemi topped with a stillare for a day and was blown away how much better it was than my current setup. Thanks again!

19. WarbossChoppa

WarbossChoppa Full Member

Nov 3, 2014
    USA
    I just bought one as my first RDA ever and compared to some other ones it can be a bit crammed to work on the deck but once I started building dozens of coils to practice I learned all the tricks to this thing and I am very happy with my purchase.

I'm glad I got this bad boy authentic, now to find the right authentic mod to place it upon.

20. FictitiousFreedom

FictitiousFreedom Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2014
    WV
    Thanks man! I don't get on here very often. I work at a vape shop and I needed a break from vape talk. I still love the 454 I've been migrating toward box's and tanks for everyday use but I still use my 454 on a daily basis. Mainly Just to save on juice lol I don't own any of the newer rdas that have been coming out so I can't honestly compare it to newer stuff. I don't like clones, ill try the ones we get at my shop but I just try to be patient and save for something good. I have seriously used and abused my 454 for a long while now and it still works like the day I received it, that to me alone makes it more than worth the 65$ I spent on it.

It is really nice to here that someone is even just reading my post so thanks! !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.