Colorado RDA review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraithkrown

Jul 14, 2015
Nashville TN USA
I did a subject search for Colorado RDA and nothing came back. I thought I would share my thoughts on this RDA. I will start with pros and cons for those that don't want to read full review.

Pros:
Costomizable deck design.
Very configurable airflow.
Huge 52.8mm deck.
Beautiful presentation box.
Two top caps, 1 black and the other stainless.
810 drip tip compatable.
Comes with card showing differant coil builds.
Machining is excellent.

Cons:
Top cap is very loose especially with juice on the o-rings.
No spare deck o-rings.
Drip tip is too small for this monster.

Technical info:

The deck has 16 posts most of which are removable. The inner square and outer ring of posts alternate between positive and negative. The posts screw into the juice well via a flat head screw under the set screw used to trap your leads. This design means you will not have to worry about juice leaking through bottom of RDA. The posts are square so they will not spin on the deck. Each post has holes for coil leads on all four sides. Top cap has 8 airflow slots that can be adjusted 8 to 6 to 4 to 2 holes open.

My opinions:

This is by far the best RDA I have used larger than 30mm. This RDA is for showing off and is not really intended as an all day vape. There really should be a larger drip tip option. That 810 drip tip looks pretty tiny on top of this thing. I will probably eventually have a custom drip tip made as Vaporgate has no plans to make alternative drip tips. For the builds i have put in it the flavor is excellent considering the size of this beast. Without purging or having a custom mod that can put out 400+ watts this is not much of a cloudchaser. It takes a lot of power to heat 8 coils. Considering the fact the all of the builds i have tried have been 8 vertical coil builds, it is fairly easy to build on.

Final thoughts:

I love this RDA! For $100 this is a must have for those that must have the biggest RDA around. I will try to put a link on here to some pics.
Colorado RDA

Reactions: bombastinator

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a BIG RDA.

Colorado_RDA.jpg

Wraithkrown

Jul 14, 2015
Nashville TN USA
It says serial numbers 1-150 may have come with the wrong orings installed on the top cap making it too loose. The proper ones are in the bag of extra orings. This could help your issue you are having.

I don't think this rda will be placed on my bucket list.

It came with no extra deck orings. Mine is 634 i think (dont have it with me i am at work). It is in the 600s for sure.

Wraithkrown

Jul 14, 2015
Nashville TN USA
Every build of this I’ve seen has 8 coils in it. What a waste. Show dem 16 coil builds.
I have considered it. It is a pain getting 8 coils to fire evenly. I am slow at building but even saying that it takes me 1.5-2 hours to throw 8 coils and wicking in. Would probably take at least 30 minutes just trying to get 16 coils to fire even, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread