48 hours with a provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
I got my provari two days ago and wanted to share some thoughts. I will say I received it the day I was packing up my house to move. So most of my RBAs were set up for sub ohm. That being said most of my experiences have been with a protank.

Great vape! I can really feel the extra MHz compared to my tesla. Comes across much smoother than other vv mods I've used. It's also smaller than I expected and fits in my pocket well. The voltage remains constant even with a close to dying battery and I wouldn't be able to tell if the led wasn't flashing.

That being said I fly through these 18490 batteries. I chain vape a bit and seem to constantly cycle though them. The menu is kind of a pain. I know everyone says you get used to it but I always seem to fly past the option I want and dislike the waiting to enter functions. I miss the ease of having tactile buttons to adjust my voltage. And I do miss having VW when switching coils. Also going into the menu to turn the device on and off is a bit off putting.

I know I listed more dislikes than likes. But the positives heavily outweigh the negatives IMO. I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to rebuilding some genny coils to use on my provari!

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have had mine for a few weeks and feel the same way you do all I can say is you do get used to the menu but I still cuss it out when it lags or I skip the step I want but this device rocks. Like you I chain vape, even started doing 0nic DIY so I could sleep at night but I still put a fresh battery in every morning and then again when i get home from work.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
If you're using mesh in those gennys, 1.2Ω is my sweet spot.. you'll be able to get the most wattage with that resistance. Probably the only thing I dislike about the provari is the lengthy time it takes to turn it on and off. I've never had mine fire in my purse before (all my mechs have) but I don't want that to happen so I usually turn it off if it's going to be in my purse for any length of time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you find the 18490 batteries not lasting up to your vaping style, get the battery extension cap from Provape. It will allow you to use the longer lasting 18650 battery. The 18490 battery typically lasts me about 11 hours, the 18650 lasts me from morning until bedtime. The battery extension cap will add less than 1 inch length to your Provari for almost twice the battery duration.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
Had my Provari for about a week. Can't really compare it to much as it and my mini were my first devices, besides the vision spinners that introduced me to vaping.

Honestly, the menu can be a bit "wonky", but it took no time at all to get used to that. Whenever I buy something, I go for quality no matter the expense. I feel I achieved that with both Provaris.

I've held some other devices like the Tesla, and this feels way better in my grips than that particular device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
Glad you like it overall. I get by with a mini and 18350 batteries. I do have to swap them once per day. But really I don't mind. I somewhat agree on the menu. I typically run with the same juice and same ohm cartos for weeks at a time. So, I most frequently use the menu to shut off the PV, and it does suck if I accidentally go past the option. It does not happen that often though.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I don't know what it is with 18490s either. I have a mini with two tatroe extension rings. I use all three batt sizes, 18490 is used the least. I only get slightly less run time from an 18350. I use those the most because I can vape all day at work on two of them and it's too easy to just put one in my pocket. The menu was kind of a pain for me at first too. After a couple of weeks I didn't even think about it, you get the feel for the clicks and it just becomes second nature. I'm not a fan of the On/Off feature either, I just don't use it. I pocket carry and have never had a problem with it firing in my pocket. The button requires a deliberate push and it's pretty resistant to accidental activation. During chain vaping I am prone to accidentally select the PU menu and inadvertently crank my power up. Congrats on your purchase!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I guess I'm a Provari on/off apologist
wink-3.gif

I know it's not going to go off but I've had 3 mechs fire in my purse and burnt my fingers twice getting them out. I work in a hospital and I just can't take any chances that it might go off while in my purse in my locker.
smoking-029.gif

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I guess I'm a Provari on/off apologist
wink-3.gif

I know it's not going to go off but I've had 3 mechs fire in my purse and burnt my fingers twice getting them out. I work in a hospital and I just can't take any chances that it might go off while in my purse in my locker.
smoking-029.gif
im sure its on when your hiding out in the bathroom with the kayfun :D

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I've had mine for 1.5+ years, NEVER given me a problem

for anything 1.2 ohms up (even better at above 1.5) that's all I use

VERY flat voltage output

Get an extender bottom cap (for your 18650) as I did

Provape recommends only button top AW IMR, but i use flat top Panasonic hybrids (2250 mah) with a rare magnet and a drop of superglue (you need this drop, collapse a spring on another mod once as the magnets moved), last me more than a day (alternating with another device). I like them better than the AWs.

As it's, the only thing I would change on the provari is raising its amp limit by .5 or (ideally) 1 amp!

I recently bought a SS Vamo for a backup VV and playing with VW, NOWHERE near a good vape as the provari

That I'm aware off, only the Buzz pro & the DNA devices have this type of flat signal (there maybe other, I just don't know about them)

so congrats and enjoy many many years of hazzle free VV vaping!

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Also, after a while you develop a feeling for this resistance for this type of device, then this voltage.

by now I just check the ohms of my build and set the voltage to what I know I'll like

VW isn't that different, 14 watts for a 2.0 ohm carto is quite different than 14 watts on a 1.5 genny, there ARE adjustments to be made

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had mine for 1.5+ years...

Provape recommends only button top AW IMR, but i use flat top Panasonic hybrids (2250 mah) with a rare magnet and a drop of superglue (you need this drop, collapse a spring on another mod once as the magnets moved), last me more than a day (alternating with another device). I like them better than the AWs.
Just to point out to new Provari owners, Provape is adament about not using magnets and flat top batteries in a Provari, for the same reason that dhomes said - the magnets can move and create a dangerous situation with the battery. Doing so will automatically void the warranty from Provape.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Just to point out to new Provari owners, Provape is adament about not using magnets and flat top batteries in a Provari, for the same reason that dhomes said - the magnets can move and create a dangerous situation with the battery. Doing so will automatically void the warranty from Provape.

I know, but the drop of crazy glue does the trick, attach the magnet, THEN add a drop on the side, been using a couple panasonic like this without a glitch. Just good too much of a good deal for these at amazon (4 18650 for 24 bucks) so i grabbed 8

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
i found that my 18490 last a bit longer when my rda/genesis atomizers are built to 1.9 - 2.1 ohms. i can also max output to 15 watts-- aroound 5.5v on my rda. the 18650 i get a full 12-hour day of use. if only there was a 2000 mah 18490! cant image the batt life is great using a 18350 provari mini.

The higher the resistance the less amperage. Batts discharge based on amps. So yeah, for the same watts, the one with the higher resistance device will last longer

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
U can get good life out of an 18490, I had to have a backup so I got another mini I will get an extender ring for those times I might need the 18650.
The menu is a bit tricky, just have to slow down a bit. Good product steady vape but most of all a company that truly stands behind their product priceless. When you factor in customer service, you come out way ahead in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread