Status
Not open for further replies.

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
My first attempt. The mustard didn't work at all. Seems to much blue.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417109370389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417109370389.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 87

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
My first attempt. The mustard didn't work at all. Seems to much blue.

It looks good to me. I wish I still had pics of my first attempts. They did not look nearly as good as yours.

How long did you leave it in? In my experience, it seems the longer I left it in the bluer it became. I usually rinse the blue of as much as possible.

Last edited:

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
It looks good to me. I wish I still had pics of my first attempts. They did not look nearly as good as yours.

How long did you leave it in? In my experience, it seems the longer I left it in the bluer it became. I usually rinse the blue of as much as possible.

Thanks Bill, going to give it another go on a penny clone around Christmas. I just want more yellows to come out and thought thought that the mustard would bring it out more. Also going to try it on some brass too.

Tried my first alcohol ink patina is SS. What do you guys think?
dbd1bf1dbb8662934c5f9bdff3e558e5.jpg

bf689f0ac04cc92b231d2147b4963551.jpg

29ccb481cbd51827bbecd7f684786cb8.jpg

AGAIN....LOL...very nice Bill. It looks sweet!! Wonder, does it rub off if you vape on that Zero for a long period of time??

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Thanks Bill, going to give it another go on a penny clone around Christmas. I just want more yellows to come out and thought thought that the mustard would bring it out more. Also going to try it on some brass too.

AGAIN....LOL...very nice Bill. It looks sweet!! Wonder, does it rub off if you vape on that Zero for a long period of time??

Please post pics when you do your next one. You can always get some NevrDull and redo that one if you don't like it.
I have to spray a couple of layers of clear coat on the zero sleeve, being careful not to overspray or it will run off the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread