5 New Estimates on E-Cigarette Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
New estimates about vaping by CDC are out.

The survey, conducted in 2014, involved 36,697 adults.

The 18-24 age group had the highest percentage of adults who had ever tried an e-cigarette in their lifetime at 21.6%, according to the CDC study. The percentage fell more and more for older age groups: 25-44 years (16.6%), 45-64 years (10.2%), and 65 and older (3.7%).

The study found that 3.7% of US adults use e-cigarettes every day or some days. Meanwhile, 12.6% of adults have tried an e-cigarette at least once.

5 New Estimates on E-Cigarette Use

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
So, if the numbers are correct, there should be about 9 million daily vapers in the US out of about 43,6 million smokers.

The picture is getting better and better and yet the FDA wants to destroy the progress made to helping people get away from smoking.

Leaves me speechless.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
So, if the numbers are correct, there should be about 9 million daily vapers in the US out of about 43,6 million smokers.

The picture is getting better and better and yet the FDA wants to destroy the progress made to helping people get away from smoking.

Leaves me speechless.
That's 9 million people evading cigarette taxes. And evading tobacco control. In the eyes of gov't bureaucrats. What you see as success they see as a threat.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
If you use those number and think of the lost revenue you'll understand the real rational behind our governments need to continue to push cigarettes.

Think of this:
9 million vapors
at least 1 PAD smokers
taxes per pack (underestimated) $1.00

It's making them have to fly on commercial planes and they won't be able to remodel their offices this year.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
more people drink alcohol than smoke... why not tax that as much as ciggies?

Because nearly 100% of Americans use that and its socially acceptable. Smokers are scum and only compromise 20% of the population.

Not my view. How I think nonsmokers see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread