The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

5 New Estimates on E-Cigarette Use

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Ardo, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ardo

Ardo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    New estimates about vaping by CDC are out.

The survey, conducted in 2014, involved 36,697 adults.

The 18-24 age group had the highest percentage of adults who had ever tried an e-cigarette in their lifetime at 21.6%, according to the CDC study. The percentage fell more and more for older age groups: 25-44 years (16.6%), 45-64 years (10.2%), and 65 and older (3.7%).

The study found that 3.7% of US adults use e-cigarettes every day or some days. Meanwhile, 12.6% of adults have tried an e-cigarette at least once.

5 New Estimates on E-Cigarette Use

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ardo

Nov 17, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    So, if the numbers are correct, there should be about 9 million daily vapers in the US out of about 43,6 million smokers.

The picture is getting better and better and yet the FDA wants to destroy the progress made to helping people get away from smoking.

Leaves me speechless.

• Like Like x 8
  3. RaccoonChad

RaccoonChad Full Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    This may be a stupid question, but is there a source of the raw data for these findings? I'd like to see the data for myself.

Thanks for sharing. Vape on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ardo

Nov 17, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    • Like Like x 2
  5. VNeil

VNeil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    That's 9 million people evading cigarette taxes. And evading tobacco control. In the eyes of gov't bureaucrats. What you see as success they see as a threat.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    If you use those number and think of the lost revenue you'll understand the real rational behind our governments need to continue to push cigarettes.

Think of this:
    9 million vapors
    at least 1 PAD smokers
    taxes per pack (underestimated) $1.00

It's making them have to fly on commercial planes and they won't be able to remodel their offices this year.

• Like Like x 5
  7. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    News reports have indicated the fed. gov. has been talking recently about increasing the fed. excise tax on cigs. Trying to make up lost revenue? State of TN has also mentioned increasing their excise tax. Vapers are making a dent in some budgets.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    more people drink alcohol than smoke... why not tax that as much as ciggies?

9. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Because nearly 100% of Americans use that and its socially acceptable. Smokers are scum and only compromise 20% of the population.

Not my view. How I think nonsmokers see it.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.