5 TIPS HOW TO VAPE WHEN YOU'RE SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Unless you have oral surgery and for some reason can't vape (due to suction more than anything else, I am uncertain the reason vaping while sick requires a bunch of modifications. I may vape slightly LESS when sick but often times it is MORE (LOL, just like smoking, a behavior that probably did me little good if down with the flu) I'm not sure there need to be strategies about it.

I have nasal vaped, but I will say no more other than (it works) and I had mouth surgery. I'm not sure I want to watch it and find out what I looked like!!!:lol::lol: But well, points for creativity I guess.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I had two nasty colds and one infected salivary gland last winter. Vaped just fine through it all.

Neither of the two colds degenerated into chronic bronchitis, something that was virtually guaranteed to happen when I was smoking.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I was one of the die-hard analog smokers that smoked when fine, when sick and even when I had oral surgery and thankfully never got a dry socket. With vaping it is the same - I do not get sick much but even if I have a cold, or a stomach virus or an injury.... I still vape --possibly slightly less.

I actually started my vaping journey after an injury when I was in agonizing pain - I was home and out of commission and figured it would be a great time to research and quit analogs.

I do not do the nose thing -- did not do it with analogs either ---yuk!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I had two nasty colds and one infected salivary gland last winter. Vaped just fine through it all.

Neither of the two colds degenerated into chronic bronchitis, something that was virtually guaranteed to happen when I was smoking.
Same here.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
For all you guys who've vaped through your nose, does it not burn like a .... for you? I tried that exactly once.
After reading these posts, i decided to try it. Driptip to one nostril, the other pinched shut and fire away. Long and deep. Actually, it wasnt really that bad. No burn. Kinda nice in a weird kinda way. Im not gonna start doing this as a regular thing though.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
After reading these posts, i decided to try it. Driptip to one nostril, the other pinched shut and fire away. Long and deep. Actually, it wasnt really that bad. No burn. Kinda nice in a weird kinda way.

I've been vaping for over 6 years now and never tried the NTL (nose to lung) thingy. Just did and I agree it's not unpleasant. My juice has some menthol in it and that was a bit harsh, but overall the experience was pretty good :cool:

Im not gonna start doing this as a regular thing though.

Yup ... it's back to DTL for me :thumbs:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just for everyone's information you don't use your nose to vape unless your mouth is broken.. I'm fairly sure I could figure out how to inhale through my mouth even if my jaw was wired shut.. lol..

The whole point of using your nose wasn't using your nose to inhale into your lungs..

The point of the nose thing was to avoid your lungs altogether when your sick - aka, with pneumonia, bronchitis, or a chest cold that makes it impossible to inhale into the lungs.

The technique involves taking vapor into your mouth and expelling that vapor through your nose without ever taking it into your lungs. That allows the membranes in your mouth and sinuses to absorb the nicotine in your body without involving your lungs in the process.

No one inhales vapor through their nose and draws it into their lungs because they have a chest cold.

Broken mouth is a different story and I can't imagine the level of broken it would take to get someone to attempt drawing vapor through their nostril..(although Anna seems to know)

but the fact someone in this thread has now stuck their drip tip up their nose to vape because some guy gave 5 tips including things like keep hydrated and your drip tip xtra clean is utterly and completely hilarious when never once was such a thing suggested - menthol flavored ejuice was. .

Comedic relief of the day... lol.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Just for everyone's information you don't use your nose to vape unless your mouth is broken.. I'm fairly sure I could figure out how to inhale through my mouth even if my jaw was wired shut.. what's wrong with people using your nostril to inhale... seriously?

The whole point of using your nose wasn't using your nose to inhale into your lungs..

The point of the nose thing was to avoid your lungs altogether when your sick - aka, with pneumonia, bronchitis, or a chest cold that makes it impossible to inhale into the lungs.

The technique involves taking vapor into your mouth and expelling that vapor through your nose without ever taking it into your lungs. That allows the membranes in your mouth and sinuses to absorb the nicotine in your body without involving your lungs in the process.

No one inhales vapor through their nose and draws it into their lungs because they have a chest cold.

Broken mouth is a different story and I can't imagine the level of broken it would take to get someone to attempt drawing vapor through their nostril..

but the fact people in this thread have now stuck their drip tip up their nose to vape because some guy gave 5 tips including things like keep hydrated and your drip tip xtra clean so as not to keep reinfecting yourself is utterly and completely hilarious when never once was such a thing suggested.
The power of suggestion is very strong, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread