ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
ok ok
The guys who made the SEVEN30 ARE NOW COMING OUT WITH THE
ipv 50 WATTS BOX mod...
WILL I PURCHASE IT???
NO! WHY?
cuz if I want to subohms id rather use a mech mod, its cheaper and for me mech mods are safer as long as you know what you are doing... Although this box is regulated/safer for others, I don't think we should use a regulated device to sub ohm...
IMO...
WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Once you find a VW mod that can handle the watts you vape at with mechanicals, then your mechanicals will start gathering dust. The only advantages to mechacnicals are they are very sturdy, can take abuse, and in general are a lot smaller than regulated mods. But as far as performance and safety, how can an unregulated mod compete with regulated mod?

CloudsinCrowds

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
United States
Once you find a VW mod that can handle the watts you vape at with mechanicals, then your mechanicals will start gathering dust. The only advantages to mechacnicals are they are very sturdy, can take abuse, and in general are a lot smaller than regulated mods. But as far as performance and safety, how can an unregulated mod compete with regulated mod?

100% TRUTH
Its easy :) THEY CANT hahahahahaha

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I think you are living in the past.

Nobody ever thought,

"So you are telling me the quality of the vape changes constantly? It just gets weaker and weaker? PERFECT! Sign me up!"

If you are trying to make a fashion statement so be it.

If this is about capabilities, then again: time to live in the now.

If it is about simplicity and reliability, well then nothing will EVER beat a mech.

Kumatesh

Jun 16, 2014
TX
With the SX350 firing at 50w, the SX330 V100 coming out soon firing at 100w, and the raptors firing at 120w, I don't see how a mech mod would be safer or better than a regulated mod. Unless you're super subohming (like 0.1), then you're probably not using as many watts as you think. And even then, a 50w box can fire 0.2 ohms.

Regulated is much safer than non-regulated and much more consistent. I haven't tested this yet, but supposedly with regulated mods, more moderate ohms are better. The only problems with higher ohms is that it takes longer to heat up -- which can be fixed by using high gauge wire. I'll be buying some 30g and 32g kanthal soon to try it out

In regards to simplicity, well shoot. With the regulated mods with potentiometers for wattage control, seems pretty darn simple. Put a build on, start at the lowest wattage, and adjust to taste.

Last edited:

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
In regards to simplicity, well shoot. With the regulated mods with potentiometers for wattage control, seems pretty darn simple. Put a build on, start at the lowest wattage, and adjust to taste.

I'm with you, but pots can and will fail. You might get lucky though. I have a couple audio taper pots that are still kicking that were made in the late 50s.

No pots in my mechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread