510 And 901 Box Mods Start at $23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
Got mine in! Ken made a small change on mine so that I can use an adapter with it and it only took a week to get to me (and this was a custom job). Great guy to deal with, and to me this is both cute and functional. If you want to try a true 3.7v but don't want to go all out for one of the pricier models, I highly recommend this.

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Got mine ordered today, Ken has been great at answering my pre-purchase questions so thanks muchoo's Ken.
Found this through a friend who got the Bartleby and plans on getting one of these when funds/time permits. Never have used my 510 batteries much and been strung to PT's mainly since the start so I wanted to go the mobile route with batteries only.
I'm sure glad Ken is making these in his spare time for us...bump

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Right off the bat I loved the size of this thing, but I did have a little of a hard time getting the + end of the battery down enough to get the lid back on trying to be very gentle with it and not break it.

Finally got it all together and ready to test out=pushed the button, inhaled and got nothing :(:(:(!
Hehe, didn't turn it on after I turned it off before putting the battery in.

Button is big and easy to push. All-out nice design for use, portability and a longer lasting battery (Heavy vapor 1 full day off one battery and it's still going-note I use 2 devices at a time though so atty's can cool down). Top that off it puts out a lot more vapor than the regular 510 PT or the VK 510 PT (was the PT that put out more vapor). I won't judge TH since my juices aren't made for that.

Compared it's size to my 510 PT and the box is the same length of the original white PT. Since the box is recessed that makes the overall lenght even shorter that the 510 PT with atty/cart on them. It will definately be easy to carry in a pocket and with the off switch it can't fire unless I want it too. Now it's just a matter of remembering to turn the switch on :).

And of course getting 2 more so I can have a spare and another one to replace the other PT. Just using 1 PT doesn't have wires getting tangled, but it also doesn't put out as much vapor and is not as easily portable as this box is. I do have to master the technique of changing batteries and getting the lid on easy, but doubt that will take long.

So bump out a couple more, after the PM is answered the order will be placed. As for promotion folks this is exactly what I've needed/wanted, as for experience I have 1 high end mod but these will be used far more than it will due to portability and good vapor.

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
I thought I'd post a pic of mine for those who want to see what the clear ones look like. I also found a cheapie lighter so I did one showing off the small size. :D

Attachments

• boxmod1.jpg
    boxmod1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 323
  • mod & lighter.jpg
    mod & lighter.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,116

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Thanks for the coupon code Ken, sure was nice & helped the budget with getting 2 more boxes and batteries.
My reviews looked messy (no script/Active X running) so hope they don't look that bad for those who allow it all. You have my permission to edit it into a presentable fashion if it broke off lines and added characters which is what I see when I view it. Or it may just be my W98SE not working with the format-have a lot of things turned off or renamed for security purposes.

tbl35 thanks for the clear box pics. Just ordered before I saw your pics, but Ken said decorating the black boxes would be ok. Yet you just made me want to get a transparent blue one for Christmas :).

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Thanks for the PM Ken.
As for the first box I got I'm reporting back to readers the battery is sliding in real easy now and the lid goes on smoothly also. So if it also seems hard for you at first, it does get a lot easier. Either the box had to get use to the size of the battery (even though it is made for this size) or I got less worrried bout it breaking.
Sure is a joy to have something that puts out more vapor and a battery that lasts a lot longer.

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
i like the clear one

tbl35 thanks for the clear box pics. Just ordered before I saw your pics, but Ken said decorating the black boxes would be ok. Yet you just made me want to get a transparent blue one for Christmas :).
Glad you liked it guys, I think it's very nice looking!

Still loving this little device, works great and it's so nice not to be doing the battery shuffle every 2 hours. Just ordered another!

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
LOL, I'm with ya on loving this thing tbl35 for the same reasons. Other 2 ordered should hit the mailbox today.

I did cheap deco (WalMart $1 stickers in arts/crafts) to the first one & will the other 2 so I can tell which box is which when it comes to batts, juice or cleaning since otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. When I have more time I'll get it a bit more fancy.

Boxie1-Deco.jpg

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
LOL, I'm with ya on loving this thing tbl35 for the same reasons. Other 2 ordered should hit the mailbox today.

I did cheap deco (WalMart $1 stickers in arts/crafts) to the first one & will the other 2 so I can tell which box is which when it comes to batts, juice or cleaning since otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. When I have more time I'll get it a bit more fancy.

Boxie1-Deco.jpg
That is too cute, love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread