510 and Ego connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szalvias

Jan 3, 2013
Nasvhille, TN
Ok I'm sure this is a very noobish question, but the info I've found is very confusing.
While looking at batteries and cartomizers, I'm wondering what the difference between ego and 510 connections are. The listings I've found for the kgo VV say it's "510/ego" leading me to believe the connections are cross-compatible or identical.. but a lot of other stuff (like some clearomizers) says it's for ego... but needs an adapter to work with 510 connections.
So what is the difference between the two? This is particularly important for me since I've just purchased a Kgo VV & Vision Spinner VV, and I'm now in the market for some carto tanks and a vivi nova.. possibly a mini ego as a backup as well.
I want to be sure I get stuff that fits my batteries!
Any clarification is appreciated!

Last edited:

telijah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL
The outter thread on my eGo battery is the eGo thread, the inside is the 510. Most cartos are the smaller 510 and can screw directly into the smaller portion of the battery. So I imagine if your battery only had 510 threads and your carto/tank was ONLY an eGo thread, there are likely battery adapters to convert battery eGo connection into a 510. Since my eGo battery has both, I could use tanks or cartos or clearos that have either thread. In the background of this image is my CE5 clearo, which is an eGo thread.

dz3oZl.jpg

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
What type of clearomizer do you have that threads onto the outer cone threads on the ego? My clearomizers screw into the 510 threads on in the center, but just cover up the cone threads on the outside. I am not sure what version they are, but they look like the one in your photo...... The only thing I have that threads onto the outer threads are my cones....

I have heard of some needing 510-510 adapters to deal with air draw issues, but don't remember the specifics

I have a spinner, a twist and a provari and my vivi novas work fine on all 3 of them.....

Szalvias

Jan 3, 2013
Nasvhille, TN
I got 2 of them, personally, so I can have one charge while I use the other one.
I got the vision spinner (like a twist) because I like the looks of it and the dial used for changing the voltage.
I got the kgo vv because it goes up to 6 volts, whereas the vision spinner and ego twist only go to 4.8 IIRC. This way I have enough power for virtually anything. Also, the spinner I got was 1300 mah.. which is just awesome. My kgo is 1100 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread