Status
Not open for further replies.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
I'm using a Joye 510 and I just discovered the wonderful world of dripping but I'm not sure whats a good atomizer to drip with. I have a joye 510 LR and a regular joye 510 but I cant tell too much of a difference. I've read the 306 is a good one to use. Any advise on the 306 with a Joye 510? I've asked this question a couple times as well as searched posts and I cant seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I've heard of people taking apart the atomizer to make it better for dripping. What is this process called and could somone explain? What 510 atomizer do you prefer for dripping with the Joye 510? Thanks!​

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I posted this on the other thread, but will post here too:

If you want to drip with the 510 batty.. then I would go with the 306 atty. They also have 306 compatibles (ie: volcano makes one as does Blu.. believe it or not) .. I only say that because I prefer the 306 for dripping. However.. if you are not set on a specific batty.. I would recommend the 901 atty and the 801 batty for the best drip experience.. all my 2cents tho!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I'm using a Joye 510 and I just discovered the wonderful world of dripping but I'm not sure whats a good atomizer to drip with. I have a joye 510 LR and a regular joye 510 but I cant tell too much of a difference. I've read the 306 is a good one to use. Any advise on the 306 with a Joye 510? I've asked this question a couple times as well as searched posts and I cant seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I've heard of people taking apart the atomizer to make it better for dripping. What is this process called and could somone explain? What 510 atomizer do you prefer for dripping with the Joye 510? Thanks!​

gmark - with a 510 you can certainly use a 306. You will need a different DT though for the 306. The vapor will be somewhat warmer since your throat is closer to the coil on a 306 than a 510. For a true dripping animal I enjoy the Cisco LR306's but you will need a bat w/450mah or higher and preferably a true 3.7 MOD but eGo/Riva/Tornado batts will drive LR 510's and LR 306's.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
gmark - with a 510 you can certainly use a 306. You will need a different DT though for the 306. The vapor will be somewhat warmer since your throat is closer to the coil on a 306 than a 510. For a true dripping animal I enjoy the Cisco LR306's but you will need a bat w/450mah or higher and preferably a true 3.7 MOD but eGo/Riva/Tornado batts will drive LR 510's and LR 306's.

What is a DT?

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
LOL old post! I'm not a huge fan of removing the bridge and wick. The atty leaks too easy, gets too hot, and you have to drip more often. Not worth it unless your using a juice fed mod.

Thanks, you just made my day, one less thing to try! They do say more vapor and more flavor, but at what cost...

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Thanks, you just made my day, one less thing to try! They do say more vapor and more flavor, but at what cost...

I noticed more vapor (for like 1 or 2 hits) but then the other 2 were less vapor. Keeping the wick and bridge in keeps the performance much more consistent. Glad I could help :)

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I noticed more vapor (for like 1 or 2 hits) but then the other 2 were less vapor. Keeping the wick and bridge in keeps the performance much more consistent. Glad I could help :)

That would also explain why there's no vendors who sells debridged and/or dewicked atomizer, they probably just can't garranty them.

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
I've experimented with the debridged and dewicked atty on a 510 and if you want a similar effect with a bit more consistency, you can take the wick out, but leave the bridge intact. That way it has a steadier flow of juice to the heating coil but you don't get a funky wick (burnt up or nasty tasting). I particularly prefer this when using LR atty's since the wick seems to burn quite a bit easier, even when you're careful not to dry burn.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
I've experimented with the debridged and dewicked atty on a 510 and if you want a similar effect with a bit more consistency, you can take the wick out, but leave the bridge intact. That way it has a steadier flow of juice to the heating coil but you don't get a funky wick (burnt up or nasty tasting). I particularly prefer this when using LR atty's since the wick seems to burn quite a bit easier, even when you're careful not to dry burn.

I read somewhere that the wicks do not burn but rather juice in the wick burns. It might still taste funky but much less of a health risk. I've personally tried to burn wicks with lighters and never been able to do it.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Thanks for making my life more complicated, I will have to try debridging one now, I hate you :p

LOL :) Just make sure you slide all the foil away from the bridge otherwise when you pull the bridge out it will catch the foil and rip out the atomizer from the casing which severs the wires. Also, make sure you wiggle the bridge back and forth before pulling it. It comes out a lot easier that way. There are a couple of good you tube tutorials on it. Good luck!

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
I have tried the drbridged atty, and in my experience I think it really depends on the atty you debridge. I bought some cheap 510's from ValueVapor that only cost me like $4 a piece. I bought 5 and debridged 3. 2 of them were great one leaked really bad and eventually burnt out after only two weeks of dripping. I have read other posts where people say they only debridge on attys that are about to die to try and get more life out of them. I debridged a Cisco atty I got from Volcano after it quit working. I found that if became a TH machine. However if you are using a 3.7v batt then the Cisco will buirn at 5v so it will be hotter coming out and you will burn through juice faster.

I think you just have to try it to see if you like it. In my opinion I would only debridge in the future an atty that is under preforming.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Actually, as far as types of atomizers, think there's any way we could compile a definitive list of atomizer variants, as well as who sells them, and how they perform under various conditions? I know it might be a bit far-reaching, but it could prove very helpful to everyone here.

WOW that would be epic!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread