• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

510 atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Has any one noticed a drop in logevity of 510 atties of late?

I have had about 5 from liberty flights since the start of the year most seem to last about two weeks.

The TW branded ones I have done in 6 of these since the start of the year 21-30 days.

My main supplier is TECC I found there titan branded atties tended to last about 28 - 40 days.( only killed 3 of these so far)

In the last week I have had two go cold. (a first for me and I have been using the 510 for about a year now) One was only 6 days old used 50 50 cartos!

Any one else had a problem with 510 atties recently

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
I've gotten in the habit of using my 510 aomisers for about 3 weeks, most are well below par by then.

I then stick a new one in the cig and drop the old one in a small, sealable jar containing isopropyl-alcohol, the longer they stay in there, the better they seem to work.

This treatment certainly helps but it certainly doesn't restore them to 'like new' - but it's a hellavalot easier and safer than mucking about with boiling peroxide, etc.

I'm thinking that maybe long term soaking in Vinegar might work even better....?

Cheers
Barry

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Hi Grenage, yip I have two die compleatly, no heat whatsoever.
The thing that hacks me off is that for some reason a multi pack attie bought sometime last autumn from TW is still going strong (use it when I get fed up and want a real vape).
Since the start of the year I have found the TW branded atties to be less consistant than the TECC ones. The last two one was good for 20 days (replaced uder waranty) the other lasted 6 days (figured well at least that made up the remander of the waranty sort of)

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
What I'm getting is that 50% of the LR atties are dud and have to go back.

They meter out OK (all are very close to 1.5 ohms) and burn OK, but the airways are jammed up so there is no air path through. That means the draw is bunged up bad or even totally blocked - so there's no vapour.

Looks like they test them in the factory for resistance but not the airway. The atty is no good if the airway is bunged up. I tried to fix one with a 95% bunged-up airway but it wasn't possible, the bottom centre hole appeared to be clear - it's something internal. Looks as if the main air path is actually those two tiny side holes, and they're blocked somewhere inside.

Makes no difference unscrewing them part way, reaming out the bottom hole, whatever. When they work, they are ace though, lasting a long time on my eGornado. No problem there.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
i've recently bought the screwdriver mk2 and noticed that the attys can be converted from 901 to 510 why is this, is one better than the other or is it down to personal preference? will the one type outlast the other?
No, it is just down to personal preference, although the 510 is the most popular atomiser worldwide...

Quick guide:
901 has higher resistance and is better for flavour.
510 has lower resistance and is better for vapour and throat hit, but at the expense of flavour (slightly).
801 or 302 is somewhere in between; but also has a different action, somewhat airier.
And also, lower resistance versions are available for these atomisers as well.
(There are other atomisers available as well, such as 401, M301, and M601, which are different again)

All atomisers are are functional devices that will fail or degrade over a period of time.
There isn't one type that will necessarily last longer than another; although some people might find some to have longer lasting performance than others.

Jeff Eaton

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Hobe sound
www.wordupecig.com
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
Not really useful for UK users, when you factor in shipping both ways in the event of a breakdown and the time involved you may as well buy a dura from ivapour (Janty) in the UK, you get a six month warranty of those too.

Personally I'm likely to switch permanently to 510 LR cartomizers from Ivapour if they prove consistent; vapour(more and thicker), flavour and airflow are all inline with Joye510 LR's without the need to continually drip and should work out pretty economical too. I have a ton of TECC sale LR Titans 's that I can see gathering dust - I've not had any problems at all with those by the way :).

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Does anyone have problems with 510 atomizers from Eastmall. I ordered several because they were $3.00 each and none of them have lasted very long. (LR and HV)

I have, Martha. I was so used to really long-lived (months) standard Joye 510s, and these Eastmall LRs are dying left and right. Not sure if it's a "ya get what ya pay for" thing, or a LR thing as these are the first LRs and the first non-Joyes I've bought. I do like that warm vapor, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread