• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

510 Atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Anyone who knows me knows I switch between 401 in the mornings and the 510 of an evening and knows my opinion about the life span of the 510 attie........BUT is it just me or have they got realy bad just now?

I am lucky if I get 3 weeks out of them.
A well known UK vendor started putting there Stamp on there atties, since then I have yet to get one last past 3 weeks mark. The last replacement took 3 days to break in peaked for 4 then started to trail off.

Its getting to the stage where my 28 day warranty lasts 2 months ( only about 3 weeks if you consider 1 week turn around when you send stuff back)

Does any one know where I can buy a 510 attie without "the logo".

<b> Note:</b>
When I say fail I meen produce so little hit that its a waste of time.
I have seen some quite prodominant and respected people classing working as " if it heats up and the coil glows its working"
IMHO hogwash as the coil is used its resistance gets higher thus lowering the curant. that is why you can get more life out of old atties by increasing the voltage.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
ivapour-elixir do standard "individual" atties with a warranty, and "5 packs" with no warranty for the same price as the other place.

That said, I've bought the 5 packs from the place that has their logo on them and had no problems with them (I have had one that simply never worked properly, but they replaced it for me, so fair do's).

Pheary

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Great Britain
I have 6 Zenith atomizers from e-cigs and 1 Janty 6 month warranty one. The Zenith seem to have a good price if you order 5 or more at once. One of them died after a day or so of use, but I got it replaced. Three are still working fine after 2 weeks and the other two Zeniths I had to do this mod on to get them working properly.

The Janty one died after about 5 days, but as it is under warranty I should hopefully get that replaced soon also. Good thing about e-cigs was when I did ask for a replacement I had it the next day, whereas my ticket with Janty still hasn't even been looked at even though I posted it days ago.

Seems it is all swings and roundabouts.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Still wating for a replacement the last replacment (got it on Xmas eve) is useless, its wierd I have one attie from a multi pack purchased in August that still works, 1 attie from my original kit that packs a lesser hit but still a hit, all the others huff and puff produce min vapour and zero hit.

They do work when you punt 5v into them but thats far from ideal.

I think I'll have a look at ivapour.

cheers guys

Pheary

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Great Britain
I thought the Zenith was a SLB 510.

Hi Tim

I am a bit of a noob so I have no idea how I know the difference between them. I will post up some pictures and hopefully one of them will tell you what it is :confused:

21oms12.jpg

v3qh4w.jpg

15n3dvq.jpg

They look identical to me, I only have the one Janty to compare it to. They all read 2.5, so did the Janty before it died hehe. I have one that reads 2.8 which is the one I have been using every day on my PS PT and it is one that I have 'modded' from the above thread I linked.

I couldn't tell the difference between it (the Zeniths) and the Janty one to be honest, same flavour, vapour and heat output. The ones I purchased (5 at once) are also identical to the one that came with my PS PT apart from the PS PT one was silver. Although I did purchase it from the same shop, not sure if this helps or not, just adding as much information as possible.

-edit

Almost forgot, the meters internal resistance is 00.3

Last edited:

googlebobby

Jan 15, 2010
China
  • Deleted by Timtam

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
This is dissapointing, got my replacements on thursday, as usual very happy with the customer support. Friday still breaking them in Saterday same Sunday getting a bit of life out of one the other still pretty poor. Monday the platinum one has a bit of life, usable. The black one (my third black one since December) still little life. Bad Batch?

I have ordered a couple from Liberty Flights just to see. I have been using my two old ones solidly for the last two weeks and its only a matter of time before....

Will update with a comparison when I get the LF ones in
PS Scott's discount page still gets you 15% off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread