510 atty my story (need advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4C0

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Panama
Hello forum,

I started vaping on August, got a 510 kit with 2 atty, I then bought 2 atty more, I started with 1 atty (from the kit), then I got more e-liquid and used one from the second batch, I have been using only those 2 atty until December.

With the atty from the kit I have used the same e-liquid always it has been going strong, smooth drag and lots of vapors. Reading the forums I have noticed that most of the people only get 1 month from their atty before they go wrong... it this the norm?? That first atty (the one from the kit) has never been socked on anything for cleaning, the most that I have done is blow it up a bit.

The second one was fine... until I changed the liquid, it was ok but it was too hard for me so I cut it a bit with glycerin... I supposed the problem was that I couldn't get UPS grade, just "pure" glycerin... or maybe that had nothing to do and it was only the change/combination of liquids... anyways the drag started to get harder and harder and less vapor every day.

So, I gave it a clean, first I used vodka, wasn't impressed with the results, so I tried with oral b mouthwash (couldn't find crest pro), then diet coke... now I finally got a bottle of crest but I'm not 100% sure if I should continue or just move on... (I'm using the other atomizer from the second batch).

This is the actual status (maybe you can identify it), after drying it up over night I added 2 drops of liquid, then filled a cart and started vaping... the atty got hot, smooth drag, but almost no vapor... then after the 3rd or 4th puff the drags started to get harder and harder... I removed the cart, notice lots of liquid in the sides of it... blow the atty a little and reattached it, smooth drags again but same problem... no vapor and after a while hard drags...

So it seems to me there must be something wrong with the mesh, it doesn't seem to be holding up the liquid, flooding the atty and air passages all the time... (does that makes sense?)

What do you think? should I give the crest mouthwash a try? or is there a better way to clean the mesh? the coil seems to be good... ohms are at 2.7 and it gets hot.

Also, has anyone noticed a decrease of atty performance when using different liquids on it? (from different brands maybe?)

Happy new year!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
On month four of generic 510 atomizer and still going strong. Ultrasonic cleaning + dry burn after drying followed by another ultrasonic clean to rid the atomizer of the burnt taste then drying and priming with nic juice. I rotate two atomizers through this cycle every 3-4 days and am loving it!

Clean, fresh vape every day and no issues with atomizer length of life so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread