510 attomizer too hot no vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4C0

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Panama
Hello,

I just cleaned up a 510 atty with soda and vodka, after letting it dry I started using it and noticed some strange things:

1. att gets super hot, no vapor
2. the drag gets harder and harder...

What I did was to blow the atty with the card on, just like if you where inhaling, got a lot of juice on the battery end... then it started working fine again... until I refilled the cart, I refilled it just like always, and by the second puff I got no vapor, hard drags and too much heat again...

Where can the problem be?? maybe the bridge is not passing the liquid well enough to the coil?? is that possible?

The idea of blowing it up with the cart on was because i noticed lots of juice on the side of the cart (the ones with the air inlets) so I thought pushing that back into the atty...

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I'm sure that my more technically astute colleagues will offer more illuminating answers, but here is a school-of-hard-knocks' one: Have you dripped 2-3 drops of juice directly on the atty?

When you first received that atomizer, it was already "primed." It may not have tasted very good, but there was already some e-liquid on it. Your cleaning process dried off all remnants of juice. You need to re-prime it.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Don is correct that it does indeed sound like you have flooded the atomizer, blew it out and now need to reprime it.

The bridge is made of a nickle mesh, that after time, simply will fail to wick any longer thereby not allowing e-liquid to reach the coil and the atomizer simply produces heat devoid vapor.

There are many theories as to why atomizers fail, and this is one of them. The coil does not necessarily, IMO, have to burn out, for the atomizer to no longer be functional.

A case in point is exaclty what you describe here, if in fact repriming fails.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread