Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
The shortage is due to the 2 week long Chinese New Year. Everyone should be back in stock sometime this week .........I hope! What amazes me is that all these suppliers didn't know this info and stock up. If they did they'd be selling them by the truckloads! I won't get caught short next year.
Just a side note. The site listed above does NOT sell genuine Joye 510's. There is a difference in ohms and performance!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I have purchased atomizers from ecigsupply they say they are genuine. I test all mine when I receive them and have not had any doa.
I did not say they weren't genuine. I said they weren't Joye brand. I also did not say they were not good. Different brands have different resistance and are more or less flood prone. I prefer Joye brand.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Yes, all shortages are due to the Chinese New Year. Also, a lot of the suppliers I talked to did know about china closing down for 2 wks, but they didn't relize the supply against the demand game. Seems like everytime china has a week off or longer, a lot of suppliers run out of atty's. LOL
The cheapest is Electronic Ash, but I haven't ordered from them and don't know if they are true Joye's or not.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete54
I was only letting the op know where the atomizers can be found at a good price and that the supplier says the are genuine Joye. I was not in any way contradicting you.
Didn't mean to come off like I was upset or anything. I really wasn't. Just trying to get good info out there to all. So you're saying that the supplier says that the BE 510 atty's are genuine Joye? I could be wrong but I think they are mistaken. I'll do some research on it. Also, the reason I (sort of) make a big deal about it is that some of the 510 "clones" have a higher resistance and produce, in my opinion, much less vapor and throat hit. A lot of folks just assume that if it says 510 that all atty's are the same.

Last edited:

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
All 510 atties I have received from ecigsupply have been genuine Joye. Or at least they look identical to the "genuine" joye atties from other suppliers and look nothing like SLB510 or BE510 atties. From what I have purchased, all three of these atties are unique. That is to say they can all be easily identified with the naked eye and there should be no confusion as to which style you receive. I will post some pics of all three side-by-side when I get home.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete54
Let me know what you find out on that. I would definitely rather have the genuine prodcut. How can you tell if they are not?

Gratefulbuddy said he would post pics showing the difference. I know that the SLB brand has a round metallic washer surrounding the bridge if you look down the atty. They also seem to run over 3 ohms. I don't know much about BE atty's. A lot has to do with how you are using them. For instance, if you are using a 6v mod you might actually prefer the SLB atty because of the higher resistance. Some people, myself included, find 6v on a 2.3ohm atty to be a bit much. I use a SLB 4.5ohm High Voltage atty when vaping at 6v. This lowers the wattage down to what a 5v mod would deliver using a 2.3ohm atty. I find it perfect. However, when vaping at 3.7v I want the kick from a lower ohm atty.
After doing some research, I find that very few sites tell who the manufacturer of their atty's is. Usually if it's a Joye brand atty they say so. Because there are significant differences, it would be nice if we knew what we were buying BEFORE we bought it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread