510 carts on super6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
I totally forgot about this and was just using 901s.

I was able to get the new 510 carts(aluminum connector) to fire by screwing it way down.

But there is still another issue which is there is no airflow which makes it very difficult to vape with the cart. You have to suck really hard since there is very limited airflow.

David,

Do you have the same experience?

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I totally forgot about this and was just using 901s.

I was able to get the new 510 carts(aluminum connector) to fire by screwing it way down.

But there is still another issue which is there is no airflow which makes it very difficult to vape with the cart. You have to suck really hard since there is very limited airflow.

David,

Do you have the same experience?

The draw for me is the same as a regular 510 I put on, but i wouldn't doubt it's hit or miss with these cartomizers, could be since you had to clamp down so hard for them to make connection, its impeding airflow? Something definitely funky about them IMO. I already sent back the one i borrowed without measuring it, but when i get my new one in I ordered (ordered a week ago now), i'm going to measure how far the thread portrudes from the atomizer and see if it differs from other 510's. Regardless, it does appear these cartos are not indentical to alot of other 510's currently on the market.

I'm curious to see what brand of 510 Carto's Jrwreich is using because Jrwreich posted above they worked great, perhaps there is something different among them?

Wingrider

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Out There Baby
  • Deleted by forcedfuel50
  • Reason: Fake profile of banned member MrBlaze

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The LiquidXpress ones are aluminum bottom which should be the same as the LiteCig ones. I noticed that the holes on the sides are closer to the threads than regular 510 atomizers so that may be the reason for the limited airflow.

Yeah, good chance they are the same brand then too. Quality control is less then stellar on some of these imported products which may explain why they are so hit and miss. I'm still waiting on the one i ordered so i'll take the micrometer too it when i get it and see whats up.

JRWReich

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
Colorado Springs CO, USA
I got the one's from here: Xpress 510 Cartomizers

I didn't have to over tighten... just screwed then on normally and all 5 fired right up. 'Bout killed me on my first drag cuz I thought the Super 6 had a 3.7 battery in it... uhg. Yes they have the aluminum bottom as posted above. I have the Brass upgrade on my S6 510 adapter. Ohhh... and airflow was not a problem on any of the 5 cartos. I didn't have to inhale super hard... in fact it was like the super 6 was doing all the pushing... I just accepted what it gave me, lol.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok, i got my pack of 510 cartos in from LiteCigUSA . If you look at the 2 air holes in the side of them, they are anywhere from 25% to 75% covered by the plastic center post insulator which explains the varying draw on some and why some draw fine, others draw hard.

After a little time trying them, all five are now working, albeit with slightly differing draws. I'll play with them some more and report back.

David

Last edited:

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
Is working much better. The draw is still harder then on another mod but its acceptable. I'm actually enjoying the slightly harder draw on this 2nd 510. The first 510 has been relegated to another mod. The draw was just insanely difficult on the S6.

I think we can put this topic to rest. It seems that the manufacturer of the 510 carts just isn't doing them all to the same spec.

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
okay I received my 2 precises today. Amazing quality!

So just for kicks I tested both of the 510 carts on the precise. #1 is the one with super heavy draw on the super6 and #2 is okay heavier draw on the super6.

#1 and #2 have the same draw on another mod.

#1 must be screwed down very hard on the super6 and the draw is impossible.

#2 must be screwed down very hard on the super6 and the draw is hard but acceptable. (I actually kind of like it)

#1 and #2 don't have to be screwed down very hard on the Precise. Both have the same draw on the precise as the other mod. Meaning normal draw on a cartomizer.

Looks like while the specs on the 510 carts isn't perfect there is something with the Super6 Top that makes them harder to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread