510 Joye - Cant get a throat hit on Carts to save my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
The title says it all, I can't seem to get a good throat hit on any carto's. Tried Ikenvape, Boge, and Kanger on a regular slim 510 Joye and throat hit is piss poor on 18mg. I throw the carto on a riva 510 batt fully charged and its too much, almost burnt tasting. Once the Riva 510 batt goes down a bit, probably around 3.7 it's perfect at 18mg 80/20 pg/vg. Anything on my Joye 510 batts that are around 3.4 the TH is anemic. I want a carto that can provide a good TH on a slim 510 Joye, I tried Boge and Horizontal Kangers and bleh. Flavor and vapor are great, TH is not their. Anyone have a an insight on a good TH carto for a slim 510?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
The most that you can do is get some SR cartos. Since they are what came with the kit. The battery is too small (low mah) for it to handle. They draw more power then the battery can handle which can ultimately kill it in the end. So, it's either take longer drags and hope that it's enough or just use it as a last resort.

Basically as a backup to your Riva. Since you mentioned that your cartos are too much on the Riva then perhaps try a higher ohmed carto. That will solve your problem. However it's hard to tell how satisfied your gonna be when the batt reaches 3.7V

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
Well after buying a pcc and 2 extra batteries I was bummed I wasnt getting the performance out of the slim 501 batt's, but the girlfriend loves them and the mild TH so I am taking her Volt kit and pcc and she's taking the 501's so its a win win. The Volt gives me the TH I crave and is perfect for when im out and about. I just got the Vision Ego tank and a new battery and it's awesome. So it's all good, back to the ego's and 808's!

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
Is it manual or automatic?: If it's manual, hold down the button while holding the e-cig in your mouth...you will eventually hear a soft pop, and your mouth will start to fill with warm vape, then begin drawing in slowly. With an automatic batt, you need to also draw slowly, but take a few small beginning puffs to prime it. The important thing is to adjust your draw. Also you might be better off switching to Boge SR cartomizers, but taking the moutpiece off and putting a drip tip on. Maybe having less of a "barrier" between the the coil, and the path it has to travel to get to your mouth, will prevent the vape from cooling as much along the way. Ultimately I think you're just done with level 1, and you won't be truly happy with your vape, until you consider stepping up to the next level. Higher Voltage, or Lower resistance...

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Glad you like your VOLT and got everything figured out. Had for VOLT's for a while now and still use them for the same reasons sometimes. Although, I take my REO mini mostly now at days. Like the Vision tank too. Just got a couple to try out and am pretty surprised by their performance so far.

Well after buying a pcc and 2 extra batteries I was bummed I wasnt getting the performance out of the slim 501 batt's, but the girlfriend loves them and the mild TH so I am taking her Volt kit and pcc and she's taking the 501's so its a win win. The Volt gives me the TH I crave and is perfect for when im out and about. I just got the Vision Ego tank and a new battery and it's awesome. So it's all good, back to the ego's and 808's!

sh_

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
USA
I had the same issue with my passthrough and with cartos that I cleaned.

I am using only SR Boge and a few last Kanger I have. Both have similar results in taste and vapor, but for better throat hit I just inhale into mouth and then to the lung afterwards, followed by a slowly exhale. It fixed the problem for me.

I am trying to reduce my nic level too, and 18mg are the best for TH (for me at least). If you prefer TH, maybe you have to find the inhale technique that will work for you.

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I'm using an ego with a resurrector carto. It's perfect. It's a single coil XL carto, and the stainless steel version looks really cool on the black battery. 1.7 ohms is a perfect match for the regulated 3.4ish volts of the ego. They last a long time (all day with moderate to heavy vaping). Only topping off once a day. The battery (650mah) also lasts a good 7 to 8 hours with this particular carto. I use tribeca 18mg, and the TH is VERY solid. Every time a noob tries it, even being smokers themselves, they cough, say OMG, that tastes great. Every hit is the same..the extended nature of the carto keeps a good consistency, and the battery holds the exact voltage the whole time. I love that there's no variation throughout the experience, other than the carto losing steam after 5 days or so.

One of my friends (last night as a matter of fact) said that it tasted amazing and got a buzz after 2 hits. "It's like God...." he said.....lol!!

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
Well tried the Kanger Horizontal's from Good Prophets and this solved my issue. Great draw, not airy like all the others I tried. Remember those other carts I was trying were on my slim regular 510's not the ego batt's. When I put them on the ego the cone tightened my draw (cant do that on a slim 501). I went and threw on a kanger horizontal I got in the mail today and WOW, perfect draw and the TH was like a freight train. Looks like I'm going to use my 501's and pcc while on the go. Plus GP had them in white wrap so it looks like a marlboro light, not like I care but cool none the less on the fit and finish. Thanks Good Prophets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread