510 Mega XL E2 Cartomizer Black - Ceramic v4 3.0 ohm help.... PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
OK, this seems just dumb. I got my 510 Mega XL E2 Cartomizer Black - Ceramic v4 3.0 ohm yesterday and couldn't wait to try them out. I got home and got out my sringe. I drew up 1/2 a millaliter of juice. Took out the top white piece, took out the next white washer and inserted the needle into the hole of the remaining white piece. I didn't even get a quarter millimeter of juice into it and it started dripping out of the bottom of the atty. What the hell?
I stopped, replaced all the pieces I took out, screwed it onto a PV and got a very small wisp of vapor, no flavor of any kind.
Any ideas?
Why don't any of these things come with instructions? Even searching the forum and you tube, really didn't get basic step one step two info. Got lots of 'I ripped this sucker apart and here are all the pieces...' stuff and one lady in a bathrobe hitting clouds like there is a steam pipe up her .... and the vapor is just pumping out her mouth and nose.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
stick down along side the filler material assuming you have the soft cap removed. fill till it comes to the top of the filler, I blow out the excess, sometimes I have to use a safety pin or the syringe to open the air way back up, but it works well and I get it in there evenly distributed as I move the needle around as I'm putting in the liquid.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...1827-cartomizers-refills-before-cleaning.html

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
E2s don't have filler. After you take out the second washer the next one should have little tiny holes just the size of the syringe needle thing. One hole on each side right next to the outside wall of the carto. They are hard to see and the filler syringe fits tight, I have to rotate mine back and forth to get it in. Don't use the big center hole.
Here is a rough idea , You fill using both those little holes:
Untitled-2.png

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Really?!?!? Two tiny holes on the sides? I've got 59 year old eyes. I have to get bifocals for my bifocals to see those holes. Really?????

1000s of thanks to all that responded. This forum is the best! Its vaping much better now. I had to make a 100% pg batch of juice to get the sringe to work. But at least now I've got vapor. Thanks everybody!

Really?!?!?! Little tiny holes?!!?!??!?

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Holy vapor screen, Batman!

Ok, this morning at 8:00am I filled my new 510 Mega XL E2 Cartomizer Black - Ceramic v4 3.0 ohm with a little less than 1 ml of pg juice I mixed up. Alternating between my GLV mini, which had the E2 on it, a GLV and an Ego the E2 produced vapor all the way up until 4:00pm. Actually it was still producing vapor, but I didn't want to wait any longer and refilled it with another 1 ml. Now that is a nice vaping sesson.

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
Do these cartomizers work for the regular 510's or just the Ego? Also, can they be filled using the condom method or dripping through the threads method? I would love to find a way to hold more juice for my 510's. I really don't have an issue with the battery life- I have a PCC, wall chargers, extra batts, etc. It's the constant re-filling and topping off the juice thing that gets frustrating. Even with cutting my filler by 1/3, it's still a PITA!!
Thank you

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
These cartamizers are a different breed. The E2s are a new approach the to problem of having to refill so often.

A cartamizer that you can take the mouthpiece off of and see the fiber filler is going to last you about 10 to 30 minutes depending upon how you vape. You can just drip into them.

These new e2s are a lot different from those. You have to use a needle and sringe to fill them in these little itty bitty holes on the outside of a plastic washer like ring.

There are a variety of connections available. I use 510 connections exclusively. The one I mentioned buying earlier in this thread is working on both 5volts (producing a warmer vapor and a greater amount of vapor) and 3.7 volts (which produces a cooler vapor but a clearer taste of the flavor and lesser amounts of vapor).

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hey sheer--if you have the XL do yourself a flavor and fill it up more...it is rated at 2.0 but you can be safe if you want to and fill it to 1.8ml ...I have been using these for a bit now and they take 1.8 - 1.9mls with no leaking into the cup...

Holy vapor screen, Batman!

Ok, this morning at 8:00am I filled my new 510 Mega XL E2 Cartomizer Black - Ceramic v4 3.0 ohm with a little less than 1 ml of pg juice I mixed up. Alternating between my GLV mini, which had the E2 on it, a GLV and an Ego the E2 produced vapor all the way up until 4:00pm. Actually it was still producing vapor, but I didn't want to wait any longer and refilled it with another 1 ml. Now that is a nice vaping sesson.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Do these cartomizers work for the regular 510's or just the Ego? Also, can they be filled using the condom method or dripping through the threads method? I would love to find a way to hold more juice for my 510's. I really don't have an issue with the battery life- I have a PCC, wall chargers, extra batts, etc. It's the constant re-filling and topping off the juice thing that gets frustrating. Even with cutting my filler by 1/3, it's still a PITA!!
Thank you

Can't drip fill them through the battery connector...there is a stem going through the cup up to the catomizer on these and is used for airflow...

These have a reservoir into which a wick hangs (it doesn't use polyfill)...it wicks upwards to the coil so sometimes you have to vape at least at a small angle in case it isn't wicking fast enough for your habits.
But they work and work well...cleanest vape I have experienced...gives lots of vapor and nice and warm since your attomizer is close to your mouth.

I don't rinse my cartos now when I get them. I inspect them and if they don't look 'wet' (no nasty primer as some of these have had, but I think they are flushing those out of the supply chain) I simply blow through them from both ends and fill.

I have tried the joye 510 cartomizers and in my experience the taste is no where near the E2's. I mean srsly no where near. The joye's have a strange after taste that I think is contributed to from the polyfill and all plastic construction of the casing, this is the only thing I can figure out. I simply cannot vape them and besides which the Joye atomizers rest on the bottom of the assemply and give a much airier and cooler vape (unsatisfactory to me)...to be honest, its not a burn taste, but its just bleh...

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
In your experience with the E2s on the Wetbox are you experiencing any problems with your draw. The way it appears to work is the juice is injected up through the airstem. I spoke with Missy by email and she also uses the E2 carto but she said that since the cup sits up on an airstem you kind of have to suck up sharply while you squeeze the bottle to get the juice to the coil. It seems like it could be subject to alot of error....

Yes, E2's are WetBox approved. It is what I use. 2.5 ohm works best.

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
You fill using both those little holes:

I keep hearing things like that (i.e. "both"), or that you fill ½ in one hole and ½ in the other hole.

There is only 1 juice tank, and both holes go to it. You only need to fill into one hole. The only reason for two holes is so that the other can act as a vent -- to let the air out as you fill.

The reason the center silicone washer goes in flat side down is to make sure these two small holes are somewhat sealed. It is intended to .... up flush with the third silicone that has the filler holes and plug them. Royal Smokers is trying to make sure juice will not leak out of the small holes too much and then go into and down the air draw tube (at the top of which is what we've been calling the "cup," and on top of that is the heating element), and down toward the battery; and/or up into the mouth cap area.

I've been thinking that a partial vacuum is being created in the tank as the juice leaves the tank and wicks up the wicks. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the taste seems gone, and then if you let them set a while the taste is back? At first I was thinking the juice just needed a chance to re-wick, so to speak, inside the cartos. I still do think that is a bit of it, but I also think that part of why they start vaping better again after they set is that the air vacuum in the tank has had an opportunity to equalize. This could be why they seem vape better and more consistently if the tanks are not resealed, which is the case if you leave out various pieces when you put them back together.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Tim

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi Tim...that inner fill ring should always stay in place from my experience. With a properly seated fill ring:

1. When you first fill the tank (and on subsequent refills) through one of the fill holes you can see if you are adequately full when you see it bubble up just a bit from the other hole so, there is no guess work. You can hardly eyeball in the dark recesses when the filler ring is off. Well you can but its not very accurate. On refills, with the filler ring removed, when you don't know how much is still in the tank, you can easily 'overflow' over the cup slits into the cup and down the air intake.

2. With the filler ring removed and you go to vape at a tilt (which it seems something you have to do to get good wicking) your juice can even more have a tendency to enter or seep through the ceramic cup slots.

They engineered these with a filler ring for a reason. They put small oval slots on the ring on the bottom to arch over the wick that enters the cup slots. Its a very small cutout that is meant to allow better wicking in a sealed environment but the problem is, when you remove the filler ring...it is very very difficult to put it RIGHT back where it is supposed to go. If you are off just few mm the ring pinches down on the wick. On top of that there is an inner lip on the bottom insideof the filler ring that is supposed to slide over the inside wall of the cup. With variances in the manufacture of these things you can often think you have seated it properly but that inner lip is holdign the fill ring up off the cup. Pushing it down harder to try to seat it better can cause problems of its own with the stem and cup assembly, possibly breaking the seal around where the stem enters the cup.

But its a crapshoot using these without disassembling that filler ring. Many of us find it necessary to pull all rings/plus so that they can be washed through before initial use (horrible primer or lubircant is present on soeme of these). So what to do...I think I am goign to start washign through them WITHOUT disturbing that middle filler ring to see if that isn't good enough to wash out all but possible miniscule amounts of any primer/lubricant or whatever.

In my experience I have had the most difficulties with E2s I have had to remove the filler rings and try to re-place them or leave them off all togeher.

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
gotlogos,

First, I agree with everything you wrote. I'm probably going to try badkola's PTB modification on at least one CE2, though. He obviously knows what he's doing, and says the difference is huge. I need to find out for myself just how much it is different, but first I have to get some of those tea bags.

I owned a hobby shop for 5 years, which I sold in the early `80's, that specialized in radio controlled planes, boats, cars, etc., and all things that go with them. My personal "vehicle" that I mostly messed with was R/C helicopters. As a result, I have a TON of small equipment, small tools, odd small parts (a lot of them metric), drill press, jig saws, several Dremel tools, you name it. One item that I have a couple of are OptiVisor Headband Magnifiers (like the next pic). One I have has the optional, flip-up, loop on it, like this...

31CoKj2E1SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and the other one does not.

You probably already realize the advantages of these over a magnifying glass or a jewler's loop is: 1.) they are hands free, 2.) you don't loose your depth perception with them since they are binocular (unless you can see though your magnifying glass with both eyes at once).

If you're interested, they come with different magnification lenses, and I would suggest getting the strongest -- you can always hold the item your looking at father away.

Now that I look around at Amazon.com, these

41ML4ur9RdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

look pretty good too for under $30.00, come with 4 different magnification strengths, and are lighted. That lighting would be a big advantage when looking into holes like our e-cig stuff has.

And I rather like the looks of these

21l950725xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

too, for under $10.00 including shipping. How can any vaper be without them? I may get a pair just for the light! It kinda' beats paying $17.00 for this add-on light for the ones I already have

31SlKvSUc6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

OTOH, the lower rated reviews on those cheap ones don't look too good. Maybe I'll just go with the more expensive light for what I've got. Quality counts.

Anyway, I thought you might find this info helpful.

Tim

P.S. I just remembered. I have something similar to this

31fVZrDJRwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mounted on my workbench in the garage, too. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread