510-threaded vs 808-threaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
When I started vaping, like the majority of vapors, I wanted a cig-a-like, so I went with the M401/2/3 series. They worked great for me but refilling the small cartridges got old. I experimented with a 510 due to the hype and for it's bigger capacity, but at the time most if not all 510s still used an atomizer and cartridge and were manual. I don't know about you but when smoking an analog I never had to push a button and didn't want to do that when vaping. I decided to try an 808 not only because they were/are almost all automatic but the 2 piece design really appealed to me. I really have never looked back. I don't like big batts because again, most are manual and due to their size they are not really convenient for hands free vaping. I do have an 808 threaded auto ego sized batt but I hardly ever use it.

Nowadays it is easier to find cig-a-like sized auto 510 sized batts and carto/clearomizers but I still stick to the 808 because it's what I am used to. They also don't seem quite as cheap or generic if that makes and sense, probably because of the more professional feeling of many of the primarily 808 vendors such as yourselves and a few others I won't name here. You don't seem to find that with 510 threaded devices.

None of that really answers the question of which threading I think is better because it really doesn't matter. The treading is just the way the batt connects to the cart/tank or whatever. If the 510 vs 808 scenarios I mentioned above had been reversed I'm sure I would be using a 510 device now. The only advantage I can think of for the 808 threading is it's easier to keep the threads clean.

puckhead

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
To be honest, I have not used your batteries, only your carts. I keep waiting for another 4 for $20 sale like you ran a few times a year or two ago. Feel free to do that again any time soon. ;)
What I would like to see from any vendor is improvements in battery power and life without increase in size. This whole industry seems to be heading in the "mine is bigger than yours" direction and I think that is the wrong direction. I want something that will last me all day and that I can keep in my pocket without someone asking if I am happy to see them. I also think this is an area where Big Tobacco could make big gains with their big wallets.
If the idea truly is to help as many people as possible get off cigarettes than you need to appeal to as many people as possible and make it as convenient as possible, and I am sure there are many people out there that think the big batts look silly but would be turned off by charging their small batts all of the time. I don't think I could ever picture my grandmother vaping a mech or an ego, but a long lasting small batt probably would have been fine.

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
Good news! We are making headway on that front. The issue was the 1.0 clearos we had were so fragile that they would crack and leak all over our customers. So we started looking for another source for them. Most of them were worse than the first one. However, our team just began testing a new 1.0ml clearo with 808 threading yesterday. So far the results are fantastic. We will use them for a while to ensure that the quality is what we expect from Bloog. Once that is over, we will order them and have them for you. So I dont expect you to wait too much longer. I definitely appreciate how patient you have been with it. Thanks for the loyalty. When they do come in and you want to order them please email me first at flavio@bloog.com. I will set up a special coupon code for you for a generous discount. Just remind me we chatted on the ECF.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I don't know about you but when smoking an analog I never had to push a button and didn't want to do that when vaping. I decided to try an 808 not only because they were/are almost all automatic but the 2 piece design really appealed to me. I really have never looked back. I don't like big batts because again, most are manual and due to their size they are not really convenient for hands free vaping. I do have an 808 threaded auto ego sized batt but I hardly ever use it.

A lot of people only consider automatics for the reason you mentioned, but most people who give manuals a chance don't look back. No need for "primer" puffs is the big advantage. Press the button as you are bringing the PV up to your mouth and the coil will be nice and hot by the time you start drawing.

With cigarettes, you need to ash between draws. With manual PV's you need to press a button while drawing. It balances out. Besides, you'll quickly forget about the button and will press it without even thinking after a couple of days anyways.

This whole industry seems to be heading in the "mine is bigger than yours" direction and I think that is the wrong direction. I want something that will last me all day and that I can keep in my pocket without someone asking if I am happy to see them.

With cigarettes, you need to carry the pack (maybe even more than 1 pack based on your habit) and a lighter. Even my iTaste MVP box mod is quite a bit smaller than a pack of cigarettes. My iTaste VV (slightly larger than an Ego) is minuscule compared to a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

I too have no interest in the huge, lightsaber-sized mods out there (except maybe for home use only), but I'm always a bit confused when I hear someone say an Ego is too big when it is actually so much smaller than what they were carrying before.

My advice is to give larger manual PV's a go. Most likely after giving them an honest try you'll wonder why you didn't switch earlier.

puckhead

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
I have used manual batts before but did not like them. I like to just keep my ecig in my mouth and drag and not worry about pushing a button. That is another reason I don't like big batts, even ego sized. It's just too heavy and awkward to vape hands free. Not to mention it looks more like drug paraphernalia than an analog replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread