510 to 510 short adapter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiker Chick

Feb 14, 2014
dearfield, ny
So I have a Vision X-fire Wood spinner 1000mah battery with 510 threading, and was looking into buying an extension adapter to prevent possible leaking from tank, and also to save the threads from getting stripped. Has anyone else done this? Was wondering what the opinions are about sealed vs. unsealed. I realize that the unsealed will not prevent leak exposure but will the sealed adapter alter the connection at all? On one of the vendor sites they mentioned they can't be used with bottom feeders (which I wouldn't be using anyways) but still. Would be used with a vision nova vfate dual top coil clearomizer.<div><br></div>

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The sealed and unsealed are made to accommodate bottom feeders where a hole is mandatory. If you're using a top feeder, tank or carto either will work just fine.

I've often used them on various mods where the depth of the threads can cause intermittent contact, works well. And as you say, they protect the mod's threads also.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
If you're really concerned about leaking on the mod's connector, then go with a sealed one. Like Stosh said, either will work regarding protecting the mod's threads. I used to do that (and for that reason) on a couple of older mods with brass connectors. I'd have to replace the adapter once in a while when the threads started to wear, but the mod's threads are still pristine to this day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread