510 usb passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill67

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
n/a
Does anyone know if the battery less passthroughs,the usb powered ones, are reliable or if they crap out after a few weeks. I was thinking of using one with a ps3 , I don't know if this will actually work so anyone knows different
please let me know ! How do these passthroughs work anyway, if they take batteries then why even use them, why just not use the regular e cig ? :)

instamix

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Kansas
The pass thru with batterys draws power from the batt when you use it,reducing the chance that it frys your USB port and or motherboard.

pass thru's without a batt or used with an AC wall adapter,no need to worry about it frying any thing.

I wouldn't put a batteryless pass thru on any thing but an AC wall adapter.not worth killing your PS3

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Dill,

I love my 5volt passthrough I got from MadVapes. I bought the USB to AC adapter too and they cost @$26 for both items. I just plug it into a wall outlet in whichever room I'm in. It hits MUCH harder and much faster than my regular Ecigs. A 2 second puff on my passthrough gives me more vapor and throat hit than a 6 second puff on my regular Ecig!!

I've been using mine for 2 months with no breakage and I don;t baby it. I did reinforce it though because I read the reviews on their site and they suggested doing that. I wrapped electrical tape at both ends of the cord so that the cord is in one position only. I think it's the wiggling motion on the cords that make them break easily.
I don't mind paying $17 for a passthrough- even if it lasts only a month ! Heck, one pack of cigs in NY is $10!! I only use my Riva /eGo510 when I go to work or go shopping.

Hey, Does anyone know if I should use different cartomizers for my 3.7V battery and my 5V passthrough? I know there's lower and higher resistance cartos, but I'm not sure if it's good to use the standard cartos with the 5V. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming if I should use lower resistance cartos for the 5V and higher resistance on the 3.V. I just noticed that a few of my cartomizers that I thought were glogged by e-liquid were really clogged because I melted the plastic filling stuff. The worst part is that I melted Safe Cig cartos on a Safe Cig battery. I didn't even let them go dry or anything either. IDK, maybe my taste buds were so messed up from years of smoking, so I didn't taste the plastic melting.

Ohh yeah, I forgot to post about the original question. I don't have any experience with the passthroughs that have batteries, but I do have a RN4081 batteryless passthrough I got from AZsmokefree and I love it. I don't even use the Safe Cig batteries I paid all that money for since I got the passthrough. I've only had it for a month now, but it's still working great. The sensor works great still, but I think I'd like a manual one more because the sensors always end up getting stuck eventually. I hope it's alright to post website names. If not I won't do it anymore. There's always so many rules on the forum's I've gone to that I don't even know what's allowed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread