Status
Not open for further replies.

justbrewit

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tracy, ca
so here it is, i've been wanting to do a 5v mod for my wife(she keeps trying to steal my BSB) she liked the other box mod that i made but it just didn't give her enough vapor. so, i went to radio shack, got a 5v regulator chip and here's what i did with it:

YouTube - 5v box mod for vaping

my love of epoxy got the best of me tonight, i started sealing every thing up and some epoxy got in my safety battery cut off switch. bummer, that sucks. well i just soldered a jumper from the neg battery terminal to the com on the voltage regulator.

so this one has no safety switch but vapes great!! the led is for her, she likes the flashy things. i have parts coming so that i can do this same mod using 2 of my 18650 batteries instead of these 14500's. i only have 2 18650's and 2 14500's so this one will be used while she's waiting for the 18650's to charge. i have some pics that i will post later. its already 3:30 am and i'm not doing it now.

this thread helped me big time. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...regulator.html

i haven't yet told him thanks yet but thats on the list of things to do. the drawings he did with the parts in the drawing made things simple and easy.
i actually took this 510 apart when i soldered it, i have been finding that i like to melt the rubber o-ring while soldering the center pin, so i just took it all apart, took the o-ring out and did my work, it went back together easy and no smell of burnt rubber!

SCI-thanks for pointing me in the right direction, as you can see it works, vapes, blinks and doesn't ask to borrow the car :laugh:

i'll keep trying to make better mods and not screw up as much, now that i have my first video up, i'm sure its not going to be long before i put more up.

thanks for looking, comments welcome!!!!!!

Last edited:

justbrewit

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tracy, ca
well, she's been vaping it all morning and loves it. the juices taste way better on it than the mod she was using before. she uses cartomizers on it and is just having a ball with her new blinky toy lol

pics to come later today when i'm fully awake. when my other parts come in from madvapes, i'm going to try and do a step by step while building the 2x18650 mod

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Man, that is some light. You could vape in the car at night and people in front of you would pull over. :facepalm:

Seriously though, nicely done and those wires look quite secure inside too.

You might like the slow changing LED's too, more relaxing, but at 5v, you won't see too many colors...

Brad-c

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
hawaii,puna
LED kill switch for stealth vaping in the movie theaters and what not.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5v stealth vaping is impossible..sorry im not teasing but i got kicked out a theatre using 5v... too much vapor, they just asked me to leave not because the fact that i was vaping it was because the people behing me couldnt see the screen..:laugh:.. and i even exhaled in my jacket, i looked like a guy coming out a 300 degree sauna. "steaming"

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
That looks great! I've had light shows that didn't look that good.:) If you wanted to dim it, you can put a resistor between the + of the battery & the + of the led. The higher the resistance, the dimmer the light. Use a variable one & adjust it on the fly.:)

Seriously good job on this one. I'm looking forward to your 18650 mod. I've wondered how long they'd last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread