Status
Not open for further replies.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
I realize that that questions like "what is wrong with my <enter item name> because it's doing <problem>" isn't feasable on a text forum but I wanted to give a shot to see if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the problem area might be. ;)

Also I am not the original purchaser so there is no warranty when I ship it back. The unit has been working like a champ for some time now seeing only indoor use as I am home bound due to disability. I have never used the VV feature extensively as I am a happy 3.9-4.1 vaper.

Yesterday it blew an atty so I simply opened a new one, popped it on and it blew that one as well. The unit is immaculate and was obviously well cared for with no signs of ever having been dropped, etc. by it's original owner.

Doing basic checks, I was shocked to see that on two differnt Digital Multi-Meters that the output at the connector is a steady 6.43 volts. It was set to 3.9 volts and the LCD display still shows it set at that. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the unit but know there is a buck booster circuit and converter.

For it to be sitting on that one output voltage with different batteries, I would think the electronics that maintain the stable voltage is working but is uncontrolled. I would appreciate any feedback and if anyone has had to have non-warranty work performed, is this type of issue not within reasonable costs. Specifically, by reasonable, I refer to whether repairing the unwarrantied unit would approach the cost of just junking it and buying new.

Thanks again for any assistence! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread