.6 ohm build on a GA rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
14381248406421323111636.jpg
I had made a promise earlier today that i would post a pic of a build i have done on the Rampage. I am about to do another build on it so this is what it looks like now, will post again when complete!

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I used 28 guage lol. Ive got it running at .4 ohms with around 40 watts (vtc4 pushing around 10A) there is actually very little ramp up time and im right at half of 20A which is how I treat the vtc4 (i know it does 30A safely but i like to be extra safe with a mech)

I will be investing in a regulated mod in the near future but for now i work with what Ive got. The .6 build i posted at the beginning of the thread hit great. Im hoping this hits just a bit better. The flavor is unreal though!

I would also like it to be known that i am ONLY running this with fresh vtc4 batteries! I have multiple drippers and i intend on vaping this for a little while then swapping out for my usual comfort zone at .56 on my Dark Horse and .75 on my Mutilator.

Last edited:

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I picked it up because it was different and had that 6 post design. It vapes great! The flavor on it is out of this world.

The AFC is kinda different on it as well. There are 3 long holes(about the size of the second largest airflow on the Atlantis) very low on the deck but not too low to cause leaking, one of these for each coil slot. Then there are only 2 air holes up a bit higher, they are about the size of the largest airflow option on the Atlantis. Very different beast than a dual coil. When I put it on a Cool Fire 4 (my fiancees mod) and upped the wattage to 40 it hit like a truck but still had TONS of flavor.

Different to build on the deck too! You might have noticed that I have them all on about a 45 degree angle with the wick cut really short on top and long into the well. This is because I couldnt fit my drill bit deep enough to straighten out the coils.

Its a tough build like I said since I only use mechs (sometimes I borrow my fiancees mod for testing stuff) and I have to consider safety while drawing enough power to heat up 3 28 guage coils.

Overall I recommend the atty, not necessarily for daily use, but fun and challenging build with a very satisfying vape. Im certain it would perform best at around .5 with triple claptons but I just dont have access to enough wattage!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I picked it up because it was different and had that 6 post design. It vapes great! The flavor on it is out of this world.

The AFC is kinda different on it as well. There are 3 long holes(about the size of the second largest airflow on the Atlantis) very low on the deck but not too low to cause leaking, one of these for each coil slot. Then there are only 2 air holes up a bit higher, they are about the size of the largest airflow option on the Atlantis. Very different beast than a dual coil. When I put it on a Cool Fire 4 (my fiancees mod) and upped the wattage to 40 it hit like a truck but still had TONS of flavor.

Different to build on the deck too! You might have noticed that I have them all on about a 45 degree angle with the wick cut really short on top and long into the well. This is because I couldnt fit my drill bit deep enough to straighten out the coils.

Its a tough build like I said since I only use mechs (sometimes I borrow my fiancees mod for testing stuff) and I have to consider safety while drawing enough power to heat up 3 28 guage coils.

Overall I recommend the atty, not necessarily for daily use, but fun and challenging build with a very satisfying vape. Im certain it would perform best at around .5 with triple claptons but I just dont have access to enough wattage!
Just going out on a limb here, but I'd guess that you would need at least 80 watts to really make that shine with triple claptons. I can use 60 watts on dual claptons and they'll still have a 1 to 2 second ramp up time.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Just going out on a limb here, but I'd guess that you would need at least 80 watts to really make that shine with triple claptons. I can use 60 watts on dual claptons and they'll still have a 1 to 2 second ramp up time.

Yup if not more. I was thinking triple claptons at .5ohms would take over 100W

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Rampage.jpg

I went with a dog-legged bend on mine to keep the coils right in front of the air flow. 24G N80 @.26 ohms. Zero ramp up time at anything over 50W on my iPV4 and it's a fog machine. Super hot build though. Gonna try it again this weekend and aim for something closer to .5 ohms. A wider coil with more wraps might line up better with the post holes if I can get the angle right. Just not sure if I can fit that much metal in it. May have to try it with KA1.

Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread