60 Hours & All Is Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

hovhaness

May 17, 2009
North Bruns, NJ
Almost 2 years ago I came here joined,
learned as much as i could & then went for it.
I bought the 510 manual.
I immediately liked it, but there was just something a bit different about them.
I still wanted my great tasting RYO tobacco blends that I had become so spoiled with.
So I would vape out in the car or in the theater, but always leave my 510 in my pockets.
Many times just forgetting about them.
Then it got to the point after about 3 months or so I just abandoned vaping.

The biggest problem for me. My cigarettes actually tasted good, because I wasn't buying
store brands, but I was buying my sweet moist Mclintock blends from tobacco stores & adding slices of apple & cherries etc, to create my own sweet tobacco's.

Well Last week I felt a bit sick.
Never in the past had I felt this way while smoking.
I decided it was time to break out the 510 & maybe split time with the analog cigs.
The 1st day I had my normal morning analog & then used the 510 all day until dinnertime.
Then I had another at dinner, but noticed something interesting.
After vaping all day the analog was just not as tasty.
The sweet cappuccino & vanilla vape juices it seemed tasted so much better.

The next morning I decided to try a test.
I made my morning Joe & rolled my one cig & then alternated puffs between the 510
& my analog. Each time I did this it seemed to send a very clear message to my brain.
This vape is just tastier.
The throat hit was similar. The vape actually being stronger, but not too strong.
Since my regular tobacco is pretty smooth there is not much of a hit, just a faint one.
So this was pretty even as far as that goes. So now all that was up for debate in my mind
was the taste.
Then I did the same at dinner & this time I did not inhale the smoke from the analog
I just let the smoke swim in my mouth for a few seconds to really taste it & blew it out.
Then I would hit the 510 & it reinforced my findings.
That as good as I thought my analogs tasted, they tasted pretty bad in comparison.
I ended up putting the last half of the analog out & it has since been almost 60 hours without
an analog.

I haven't dumped any ash trays or cleaned anything because i noticed that as the hours pass
I am becoming more & more disgusted by the smell of the ash & stale smokes.
I want to become thoroughly disgusted by it so that I never pick up an another again.
I am realizing that a big part of the taste of smoking is mental.
It is wild how we do this to create the scenario we want to create as the reality.

All is well though as the clock ticks.
I feel pretty confident that I will not ever grab an analog again.

Quick question?
Are there any places that accept online checks that sell 510 parts & supplies?
I always hate using my CC online, & want to avoid grabbing a Visa Gift2Go card if I can.

Thanks for the community & all of the very good info provided over the time I have been here.
I will try to add to that as I go along in my journey.:laugh:

hovhaness

May 17, 2009
North Bruns, NJ
5 days now analog free & feeling a huge difference.
Coupled with the fact that I cut my sugar way down to 0 high fructose corn syrup
& about 4 tablespoons of sugar/honey per day, it feels strange to be feeling this
healthy so fast.

Going the route my doctors suggested of boosting my grains early in the day has given me a boat-load of energy.
The vape is perfect when that urge hits & I think my 510 atty is finally broken in, because i am now getting the smoke
I saw others getting on youtube vids lol

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Congratulations on rounding that corner. There are several good vendors for the basic 510 equipment. Look for some of the no box deals for decent prices. Mad Vapes comes to mind and there are others. Have you considered a mod? I currently have an e-power and I like it so naturally I'm recommending it to everyone. lol. It is large though, and I can see where that would be a con to some. I also recommend trying the new duel coil cartomizers if you have a fat battery to use it with. Best of luck to you and again--Congrats. :vapor:

hovhaness

May 17, 2009
North Bruns, NJ
Thanks everyone.
Still going strong
Tomorrow morn will be 1 week
Just ordered from Jason again.
Picked up a 510-T with some xtra large tanks & a battery.
I am gonna order juice from Backwoods Brew, because i have enough liquid
3-4 weeks worth to last me until the new liquid steeps.

Thanks again

:)

As far as the CC goes I am a tech so I guess I am even more paranoid because i know
what can be done lol
Even tho I use a sandbox for browsing a good deal of the time I just like my credit card in my pocket.:p

Last edited:

hovhaness

May 17, 2009
North Bruns, NJ
Congratulations on rounding that corner. There are several good vendors for the basic 510 equipment. Look for some of the no box deals for decent prices. Mad Vapes comes to mind and there are others. Have you considered a mod? I currently have an e-power and I like it so naturally I'm recommending it to everyone. lol. It is large though, and I can see where that would be a con to some. I also recommend trying the new duel coil cartomizers if you have a fat battery to use it with. Best of luck to you and again--Congrats. :vapor:

Still going strong, & now stopped counting the days lol
Looking back it has been 15 now Woot!!

Ordered the 510-T with the XL tanks & I am really loving it.
What a hit that comes from this simple system.
The intensity as compared to the basic 510-with the regular tanks is like night & day.
I am only getting maybe one urge a day for a regular smoke & it comes & goes as soon as
I hit the 510.

Had to go to court in Manhattan for my uncle yesterday so did a lot of walking.
There is no way on earth I could have climbed all those stairs & walked all those blocks as a smoker.
I was vaping in the courthouse in NYC
One of the lawyers is heavy smoker & was really interested in what I had.
Hopefully will see her here in the near future.

Thanks again for this great board & the help.
I can live again & take my trips to the city to see live music & take pictures
like I used to do at least once a month.
Hell in a few months I may even be able to look up a few friends & hop back on stage
& sing again like I did for so many years.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread