I'm back

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
I few years ago, I quit analogs for 6 weeks, (cold turkey) after smoking for 25 plus years. I started vaping, mainly because hubby didn't quit analogs and I was trying not to go back to them. I enjoyed vaping, however, it seemed a little messy. I have the eJoy 510's. I have various juices still and my old system of these 510's.

My husband is willing to give these ecigs a try. I have been all over the internet, watching youtube videos, speaking with a few friends that have ecigs, problem is, I am completely confused.

We went to "rolling" our own analogs about a year ago. However, I am tired of doing that and tired of the "smell" of smoke. I really need some help in deciding what to do. i want us both to be successful in giving up analogs and believe we are after the same thing.
We want something that has a decent battery life, tastes like a medium-light tobacco analog. I would really appreciate any suggestions and guidance. I want to get this started like tomorrow. Even broke out my old Joy 510's and started on these tonight...

Hellppp :) And thank you :)

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Funny reading your story it sounded just like my beginning. My husband and I did the nJoy many years ago and I quit smoking and only vaped for about six weeks but the system wasn't that great and I didn't know about refilling then and found that the cartridges didn't last that long and were in essence more expensive than the generic cigarettes.

Last August, I broke out the nJoys and tried again...they still work but still wasn't satisfying. My daughter's boyfriend had been using Smokeless Image products for about 8 months so I started asking questions. On August 30th, I received my cigalike kit and never smoked an analog again. But soon graduated to longer lasting batteries.

As far as equipment...an eGo Twist, or Vision Spinner and the Kanger T3's for juice delivery system. They are simple, easy to fill, easy to clean.

But for the juice...there isn't anything that tastes like a medium-light tobacco, many have searched and many have failed. My suggestion is to look at some of the highly regarded suppliers that offer sample packs. Currently Halo offers a Tobacco Sample pack and I am sure there are others, that way you can try several.

Congrats on coming back to Vaping...and I hope you and your husband's journey is a successful one.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Hello, curlygirl. To get you folks back into the game, I would suggest an ego styled battery. Take a look at the Joyetech ego-c twist. That was the one I had chosen for my first ego styled set-up. There are kits available at the various vendor sites. Take a look over at vaporalley, for one.

Andy

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
Funny reading your story it sounded just like my beginning. My husband and I did the nJoy many years ago and I quit smoking and only vaped for about six weeks but the system wasn't that great and I didn't know about refilling then and found that the cartridges didn't last that long and were in essence more expensive than the generic cigarettes.

Last August, I broke out the nJoys and tried again...they still work but still wasn't satisfying. My daughter's boyfriend had been using Smokeless Image products for about 8 months so I started asking questions. On August 30th, I received my cigalike kit and never smoked an analog again. But soon graduated to longer lasting batteries.

As far as equipment...an eGo Twist, or Vision Spinner and the Kanger T3's for juice delivery system. They are simple, easy to fill, easy to clean.

But for the juice...there isn't anything that tastes like a medium-light tobacco, many have searched and many have failed. My suggestion is to look at some of the highly regarded suppliers that offer sample packs. Currently Halo offers a Tobacco Sample pack and I am sure there are others, that way you can try several.

Congrats on coming back to Vaping...and I hope you and your husband's journey is a successful one.

Hello fellow Hoosier :)

I appreciate you sharing your story! And thank you for the suggestions :) It is frustrating to use this old stuff...anxious to get going on this, but also want to make a good decision. Much appreciated and congrats on no analogs for you!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Hello fellow Hoosier :)

I appreciate you sharing your story! And thank you for the suggestions :) It is frustrating to use this old stuff...anxious to get going on this, but also want to make a good decision. Much appreciated and congrats on no analogs for you!

Yeah I am a transplanted Hoosier, but always a Hoosier through and through!!! I miss Indiana...only been back there three times in 12 years, definately not enough!!!!

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
2 eGo style batteries + chargers + a cartomizer tank + a clearomizer tank + spare cartomizers and clearomizer heads + bottles of juice = good starter setup for well under $100 for each of you.

There are tons of threads here of people asking for good starter setups. Look in the New Members subforum and see what everyone recommended them.

All the best to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread