Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
After so long of just figuring cartomizers were lasting me 20 to 30 mls because I knew I vape around 4ml a day and it had to be a week or more between changes I decided to go the other route and measure by the bottle because honestly I never did remember exactly when by date I last changed. I use a 30ml bottle for filling my in use tank so it made sense to start with a fresh cartomizer when that bottle was filled.

Now working on the 3rd refill and vaping is good. At 4mls a day looking at 17 or 18 days at this point.

Have to add the disclaimer, this is a clear liquid with just 10% flavor. Also my own vaping style is low and slow with long slow draws which helps prevent flooding problems and low power (3.9V on a 3.0ohm cartomizer).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope all is well in your own part of the world and tomorrow is filled with food, friends and family.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
I hear ya Sir! You know my style is big tank, high watt, high nic, atomic cinnacide chain vaping but I still am able to get close to that volume from my cartos. I hope you and the girls have a wonderful day. We all have much to be thankful for. One of my blessings this year was the fortunate opportunity to spend some time with you guys in DC. Enjoy the day my friend!:2cool:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Same here Steve, The Mrs really drags her feet on changing them out. It is funny because we have been using this setup for so long now (closing in on three years now) we have become dinos in the fast world of vaping but it works so well we simply forget about it. For so long I have wanted to get an idea of just how much liquid was going through a cartomizer because time really isnt a good measure as we are all so different in how we vape but volume of liquid is a solid number at least for a given liquid.

With DiY at around $0.05 a ml, 4mls a day comes out to about $6.00 a month there. Add in a few cartomizers and the grand total is about $10.00 which is not to dang bad for something that is a part of our every day, we definitely spend more than that on coffee.

Rocco, a huge highlight of our year as well. You absolutely made the DC trip for us. My only regret is that we did not have more time as I am pretty certain we could have all gotten into some real trouble ;)

Ha OP... Happy Holidays to you too :p We dont stand much on proper posting in this subforum. Heading over to your holiday greeting thread now though and thanks for posting it, never can have to many moments of good cheer.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Figured I would update this. Ended up going through a third 30ml bottle on that cartomizer so right at 90ml though I probably should have changed it a day or two earlier as the last 8ml or so were a bit wet, still working but I had to mind not drawing too hard to keep it from trying to flood.

The next cartomizer I figured I would try another eLiquid. This one is very dark called butter rum, that lasted two tanks or 8ml and I was back to my clear DiY and once again a happy camper pushing close to 30ml on this one and doing nothing more than fill each morning.

In other news, we made a trip down to San Diego to see one of our Daughters and her Husband. One of her jobs is at Seaworld so she took us there and we all had a great time. The Mrs even got to get up close with a Dolphin (the girls surprised her with that for her coming B-Day), while she was hesitant at first once in the water and close in with her she was nothin but smiles and still shines a bit when she talks about the experience.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Figured I would update this. Ended up going through a third 30ml bottle on that cartomizer so right at 90ml though I probably should have changed it a day or two earlier as the last 8ml or so were a bit wet, still working but I had to mind not drawing too hard to keep it from trying to flood.

The next cartomizer I figured I would try another eLiquid. This one is very dark called butter rum, that lasted two tanks or 8ml and I was back to my clear DiY and once again a happy camper pushing close to 30ml on this one and doing nothing more than fill each morning.

In other news, we made a trip down to San Diego to see one of our Daughters and her Husband. One of her jobs is at Seaworld so she took us there and we all had a great time. The Mrs even got to get up close with a Dolphin (the girls surprised her with that for her coming B-Day), while she was hesitant at first once in the water and close in with her she was nothin but smiles and still shines a bit when she talks about the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread