650 ego battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirt

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
portland oregon
i got a kit from a vender as a freebie contest winner about a month ago,..one battery from full charge will only make it about half of a standard cartomizer before its dead...( boge 2.0 )..put it on the charger and it charges for 30 min only,...back to vaping and its the same thing all over again...the other battery in the kit is just fine...it will go all day and into the next without any problems,...it takes about 2 hours to charge the good battery

any ideas on what could be going on?...im sure its not the charger as it charges just fine on the other battery

i feel like i shouldnt gripe about it as i got it for free in a contest,...but i allready gave my other system away, now im stuck with one battery...ugh!

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
joe,
it was freebie.

I would consider the weak performing eGo suspect.
Anytime a Li-ion system acts 'funny' , weak, sticks on, doesn't charge right, it just might not be safe to use.

Your troubleshooting (charger works fine with another batt) seems adequate.

If a cleaning of the connector does not fix the issue, I don't think I would go any further, think about getting a second (and third :)) battery. They are about $15 ea. (about 2 or 3 packs of ciggies).

Rocket

Last edited:

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
I have seen replacements from the range from 15-18 bucks. Head over to madvapes or vaporkings and get a few. I have 2 from vaporkings that work great, never had a problem with them. I know these 2 sites sell authentic batteries, there are some sites that sell generic or "Value" brands that are cheaper. They can be hit or miss, some work some don't.

Lin Swimmer

Jan 20, 2012
Bronx
Are Madvapes ego batteries well regarded? I was under the impression that Smoktech's egos weren't fantastic, and that that was most keenly observed in some dissatisfaction in the build quality of the vv egos. Of course, this is just what I've gathered from reviews; my experience is limited to standard 650 Joyetechs.

I was also under the impression that with the Rivas you're trading a higher output for a slightly looser quality assurance.

Am I misinformed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread