650mah vs 900mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsung

Jul 10, 2011
Greece
Hello guys, Happy new year.

A question about ego type batteries, and especially for 650mah compared to 900mah or 1100mah.
1. Is the only difference in these batteries how long they will last?

Let me explain, we say that all the ego type or most of them start at 3.7V and probably end up at 3.2V when they are about to run out. Now this means that the only difference in these batteries is the time that they will run out. But I have noticed that it is not only that (time) but also performance. With the 900mah compared to the 650mah the vapor produced is better.

The reason for my question is that I am a vendor of e-cigs in my city and I recently received an order of ego-t. i have tried samples, and I was more than satisfied, no issues at all, great vapor great taste. No faults, very important. The issue I am having with my order is liquid in the mouth of my customers. Some of them. My order came with 650mah. I tried various things in order to find the solution and the last thing I tried and works is replacing the 650mah with 900mah. Now for me this means that my customers with the 650mah they had to draw harder instead with the 900mah and as a result liquid in the mouth. I have to say that this is the only issue i had. No leakage no burning nothing just that. This is why I am asking in order to have it clear that the size of the battery (ego type) doesnt only affect how long is gonna last but also the performance.

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
I have 900mah and 1000mah. Mine are ego (not ego type) so they start around 3.3V and decrease over time. No problems with harder draw or liquid in the mouth. I would venture to guess that is more related to the carto/atty condition than the battery. I also don't use mine until they die. When I notice a drop in voltage, I swap out and recharge.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If Both Batteries are the Same Manufacture, Then the Only Difference should be the amount of time you can vape before having to recharge the battery.

Think of mAh like the Gas Tank in your car.

If you have two Identical Cars with the same motors but one has a 6.5 gallon tank and the other has a 10.0 gallon tank, they both perform the same.

But you can drive the one with the 10.0 gallon tank a little longer.

Jimbo B

Moved On
Dec 23, 2011
California
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Un Registered Supplier

Song

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Montreal Canada
www.vaporus.com
Hello guys, Happy new year.

A question about ego type batteries, and especially for 650mah compared to 900mah or 1100mah.
1. Is the only difference in these batteries how long they will last?

Let me explain, we say that all the ego type or most of them start at 3.7V and probably end up at 3.2V when they are about to run out. Now this means that the only difference in these batteries is the time that they will run out. But I have noticed that it is not only that (time) but also performance. With the 900mah compared to the 650mah the vapor produced is better.

The reason for my question is that I am a vendor of e-cigs in my city and I recently received an order of ego-t. i have tried samples, and I was more than satisfied, no issues at all, great vapor great taste. No faults, very important. The issue I am having with my order is liquid in the mouth of my customers. Some of them. My order came with 650mah. I tried various things in order to find the solution and the last thing I tried and works is replacing the 650mah with 900mah. Now for me this means that my customers with the 650mah they had to draw harder instead with the 900mah and as a result liquid in the mouth. I have to say that this is the only issue i had. No leakage no burning nothing just that. This is why I am asking in order to have it clear that the size of the battery (ego type) doesnt only affect how long is gonna last but also the performance.

The problem you seem to have is not about battery size but the fact that your customers are drawing to hard on tank cartridges. Its a very bad ideal to draw hard on ego-t ( liquid in mouth, happens to everyone). Size of the battery for eGo wont affect performance unless your using low resistances or dual coils, these require batteries of at least 1000mah because of the higher drain these demand.

As for your voltage question it really depends on the eGo batteries you got to start with, joyetech ego batteries are regulated at 3.4V meaning for the whole durationg of the battery it should be giving off 3.4V. Some non joyetech eGos are regulated at 3.7V and will give off 3.7 v until the battery inside drops in voltage, when that happens the voltage it gives off will drop off a little. Some eGos are non regulated meaning they will start off at something like 4.2v and drop off in voltage as the battery drains. A higher mah battery can keep your 3.7V there longer i supposed but all the mah rating is really the capacity of the battery

unsung

Jul 10, 2011
Greece
Thanks guys. I think my atomizers are low resistance and that is why this problem occurs. I bought a polymeter the other day to find out about the volts of the batteries and off load the 650 was giving 3.8v and the 900 4.2v. Since I can't change the atomizer I ordered 900mah batteries which i already tested. I believe you are right by having more than or equal to 1000mah batteries for LR but now its to late. I think i will be ok with the 900mah.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks guys. I think my atomizers are low resistance and that is why this problem occurs. I bought a polymeter the other day to find out about the volts of the batteries and off load the 650 was giving 3.8v and the 900 4.2v. Since I can't change the atomizer I ordered 900mah batteries which i already tested. I believe you are right by having more than or equal to 1000mah batteries for LR but now its to late. I think i will be ok with the 900mah.

It sounds like from your testing that the 650mAh is a Regulated Battery where as the 900mAh in Unregulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread