The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

12ga Shotgun Shell mod

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by sworn510guy, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sworn510guy

sworn510guy Full Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Pell City, AL
    anyone ever made a battery mod out of a spent shotgun shell?

ive wanted to try and glue/fix a 650mah Ego battery in one, but unfortunately i dont have a 650mah, just 900mah and 1100mah :(

anyone done it?

shotgun mods.jpg

2. sworn510guy

sworn510guy Full Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Pell City, AL
    and for all who will make comments... yes, i am a Redneck and im proud of it! :)

3. LibertariaNate

LibertariaNate Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2011
    Utah
    That's a mod probably best left at home. :laugh:

4. Vapian

Vapian Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    As an arms enthusiast I agree that would be cool looking... but, I can just see the Anti's and "PC Police" putting the wrong spin on something like that. "For the Children" of course, but spin it they would. ...

5. sworn510guy

sworn510guy Full Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Pell City, AL
    hahaa ya i figure itd draw some unwanted and certainly negative attention in public.

Vapian, i just got a Benelli Semi-Auto 12ga and while at the range, i looked down and the idea hit me.

maybe its a crap idea, but personally, id sure get a KICK out of it :)

6. Iluvthearmy

Iluvthearmy Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    The Desert
    I tried making one out of a dummy 50. cal round but the brass smell just kept getting to me so I never really finished it out. Try putting out a request for a busted 650 mah batt in the classifieds here, I sent one of mine off that way to another modder at shipping cost only. Good luck BTW I'd like to see pics if you make it happen.

7. the.vapyre

the.vapyre Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2010
    Houston, Texas
  8. hankbizzo5

hankbizzo5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Ct, Eastern
    Might fit a 16340 in a 8 gauge shell????? Glue in a sleeve with threads to swap battery and good to go.....

9. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    worldwide
    I couldn't see the photo on tapatalk through my phone so I HAD to get back on the computer to see this.
    ok, i'm nearly positive that I will have one of these by tomorrow night :)
    I'm not a redneck, but my husband (the one that will be making this for me) is a good 'ole boy, aka native Texan.
    I think we have red shells & green shells here................I'm sooooooo going with RED, & I swear that I won't bling it out.

10. Sci

Sci Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2009
    Al
  11. muleygirl

muleygirl Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    I've been looking at my shot gun shells too. the only thing I could work out at the moment was to use the brass as end caps. they fit perfect into 3/4 copper pipe. knocked out the primer and solder in the atty for the top. Drilled a vent hole through the center of the primer, soldered a spring to the bottom.
    Love the solid brass shells awesome find

12. Firebudgy

Firebudgy Full Member

Jun 17, 2011
    British Columbia
    I love the solid brass shells but I think I'll wait until my brother goes on a couple more hunts or test ranges and grab me some red shells for sure! Nice idea, should work out awesome. I think I might go with a touch switch on the bottom similar to the .44 button

13. pounder

pounder Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    tucson,az
    I like those brass shotgun shell cases. please someone make a pv outa them. I promise i wont be bad and scare anyone with it.Unless i get the chance to.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.